KiteLife Forum

Great wind makes a great couple of days!

JamesC

Probably facing imminent knee surgery that will have me grounded a few weeks so planned to go fly Wednesday. Got off work Tuesday morning and driving home I thought, why not stay overnight at beach and get to fly 2 days rather than the one day trip I had planned? So loaded the wife and kids and kites and away we went to Mississippi coast! While I am far from anything even remotely resembling a professional pilot, I am amazed at how much better I do with consistent winds! If grounded it means I get to spend more time with the instructional videos. And hopefully get to spend some time flying with a better pilot in the near future! Sorry for the lengthy post but I'm still grinning like a fool and wanted to share a little of my happiness! :D

• Like 1

Quality wind does make a difference. When an inland flyer gets to the coast, it's sweetness. When a coastal flyer comes inland, it drives him nuts. I'm lovin' it.

You can fly sitting down. Actually is one way to train. When you can't move you will learn to use wind more efficiently.

Glad to hear you had a couple good ones.

I tried sitting - drives me crazy!! I'm WAY too active to be locked into one place. Plus I control things like driving to the top or inverted glide down, a lot with my footwork, as much as I do with my hands!

Worse - if I do get down is the getting up!! Try it blindfolded sometime and see how hard it is for someone after a stroke!!! Hell, I rarely even sit, even to eat lunch!! Never bring a chair, I don't use one!! That weight means more kites can be carried!!