KiteLife Forum

Synapse 140

fufanu

Hi, new to the forum..  I live in Lexington S.C. I have a few fields I can fly in.  I want a kite that can handle light wind and can be a decent beach kite..  I have daughter's 10 and 7 that will be flying as well..  We're actually vacationing down in Charleston, S.C. on Seabrook Island.  Were heading to Kite's Flyin High tomorrow morning to pick up our first 2 line kite. I was looking to get the Synapse 140.  Is that a good first two line kite to start with with the kids and the environments I fly in?  I'm open to buying two kites if need be.

Thanks and love the forum.

Pat

I actually learned my first light wind techniques flying a small foil.  Pulling through turns, walking backward to climb higher & walking forward as the kite glided downward.  I wasn't great at doing all these at first but it was a start & enabled me to fly a bit more in my sketchy inland conditions.  Leave any tail off & use lighter lines when you acquire them.  Below are a few images of that day. Take note of my bad form with my arms raised hoping to get the kite to fly higher.  Or I could be getting ready to give it a pump maybe..... 

10-15-12 Snapshot 1point2 ready.JPG10-15-12 Snapshot 1point2 launch.JPG10-15-12 Snapshot 1point2 climbing.JPG

SHBKF

• Like 1

You might want to consider getting a quality single line kite in addition to the dualie.  The kite store might guide you on that thought.  They can be great fun & can be flown at the same time as the two line kite.  it's all good.  Let us know how things go & post a few pictures if possible.  Look forward to hearing about your adventures.  Join us in chat sometime.  You can get instant answers to many questions & we need the company.  SHBKF

DSC07664.JPG

Thanks so much for the feedback.. I think that is a good idea on a single line kite.. I had a decent one for years but got hung up in my bike gears last year when coming back from the beach . 

Headed out soon to the kite store.. I'll post back soon..

Thanks again everyone. 

Pat