KiteLife Forum

Rev Kite Spinning

Nigel GF

I recently bought a  John Barresi 1.5 REV, but the kite will constantly spin as soon as it is launched and is very difficult to control, I have been flying my Revolution 1.5 for a while now and have no trouble controlling it,it fly's really well, but the JB 1.5 version just seems so unstable, as so as it is launched the slight's touch on the handles and it goes into a clock wise spin and no matter what I do it won't stop spinning the only way to stop it is to land it.

I have looked at all the bridle and frame all seems ok,I use the flying lines and handles on my Rev 1.5 so they are all ok, I am completely baffled by it,the kite was bought from a Revolution Kite dealer (GOKITES) so it is a genuine John Barresi (waited 2 months for it from the States) I suppose it doesn't help that I am not an experienced Rev flyer.

I was wondering if there is anybody in the UK that I can send it too, to fly it and hopefully sort the problem out (I live in Somerset) I would obviously pay for the return carriage on the Kite.

Thanks Nigel