KiteLife Forum

End of an era...

John Barresi

And just in case the text for the image above doesn't appear for some folks...

Hi all, just wanted to add some news to the grapevine for all you awesome and dedicated Barresi (B) Signature Series Rev fans out there... 

I will no longer be endorsing any Revolution kites as of January 1st 2017, so this is the last year all types of B-Series will be made (including factory models).

I made this choice myself without any ill wishes toward Rev, been a really great run with them but I've decided it's time for me to switch more focus toward home and family in the coming year, maybe even see if I can come up some new kite projects for the future as well. ;)

Fly well, fly happy! (Y)

• Like 2

Best wishes to you & yours.  The horizon remains vast.  I continue as a dedicated flier of the the B series kites that have enriched my KiteLife.  I thank you, Ralph

large.5735125942763_purpleRevB2std.jpg

• Like 3

Wow, that kind of blows, but most most everything is cyclic. More pressing than that is that you take care of your primary concerns and ending your relationship with Rev will certainly let you put more resources toward Luca and TK!

My Rev evolution as far as purchases go: 2 - Shockwave - B - B full vent - B2 - 1 -  (3) B2's. I am heavy B in the bag John, it's great to know that the sails I am most always choosing to fly have your expertise incorporated in them.

Thank you John for taking the Revs to the next level :clap;. I may be making a bad assumption here but I would venture to say that you also took Revs to their apogee in development.

tumblr_nwuo6aCoZJ1s2wio8o1_500.gif

• Like 2

I guess it's time to buy B's by the dozen and begin hoarding them.

New family, new ventures -- change is what makes life interesting. Always be eager to see what lies ahead, follow your heart, smile, and don't forget to breathe along the way.

P.S. -- how does this affect the Pro Series?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, makatakam said:

I guess it's time to buy B's by the dozen and begin hoarding them.

New family, new ventures -- change is what makes life interesting. Always be eager to see what lies ahead, follow your heart, smile, and don't forget to breathe along the way.

P.S. -- how does this affect the Pro Series?

Screenshot_2016-06-24-15-42-18.png

• Like 1

Oh well. I kinda saw this coming for a while. I have the 3 Rev B series that I need, they should last me for a good long time, at least until the next greatest 4 line flying machine comes out... But it doesn't sound like it will ha e a Rev logo on it!

• Like 2

My (extremely shortened) take on this....

We are now entering a state where Rev are the Prism of quad and the quality performance models will be done by skilled craftsman.

The reasons for all of this, the implications, and what the future holds - THAT is the much MUCH longer discussion

• Like 1

Just a related update for posterity...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/155150467832504/permalink/1316209721726567/

Screen Shot 2016-07-03 at 12.25.10 PM.png

As far as I know, Bazzer will NOT be making any more B Pros and I haven't heard anything directly from Rev about alternative plans on their end but *I have* heard from customers who have been told by Rev they they're researching another "masterpiece kite maker" to do the work.

I've asked for an opportunity to lay my hands on a sample for approval before they produce it - just being a great kite maker isn't enough, the Pro was built and rebuilt based on the knowledge that only comes with thousands of hours of hard core flight time with iQuad.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Addendum...

As many of you know, the B-Pro isn't being made at the moment due to contention between Bazzer and Revolution.

I was informed by Rev yesterday that they are trying to work out some kind of resolution to complete orders already pending, but I'm not certain if it will happen... With this in mind, the Hadzicki family is working with an established masterpiece kite maker to design and produce some kind of new Rev Pro with different graphics as an alternative for customers with pending B-Pro orders but it won't be something that I'm involved with myself - that's ultimately ok by me, I did however want to make sure we avoid confusion by providing some news right from the horse's mouth.

Terribly sorry for those who have been waiting so long for their B-Pros, wish I could do more for you.

I'm not 100% sure, but going off of a Rev email that was posted on Facebook by a customer it sounds like it will be Randy Tom... Unarguably one of the most revered American kite artists, Randy has over 30 years of kite making under his belt including his well known Negel style appliqué, numerous award winning single line kites as well as his creation of Hyperkite stacks and as an original member of the Bay Area Sundowners (primarily a dual line stack team).

My only concern with this new Pro being offered as an alternative is that while Randy is a superb kite maker in every way, he is not an avid quad flier and doesn't have first hand insight into the particular stresses that a Revolution undergoes with regular, aggressive sport use - the B Pro was forged out of 1000s of hours flying through some the most god awful conditions this planet has to offer (abrasion and pressure torture, sub zero temps, extreme highs and low winds, frogs, locusts, etc) in the hands of Bazzer, myself and the rest of iQuad at over 125 events worldwide, plus practice sessions, over a 7 year span.

Zero slight to Randy whatsoever, I'll humbly bow to a master kite maker whom I've had the pleasure of knowing and observing for over 25 years - I'm just making the important distinction between construction quality vs build details.

All that being said, the new Pro could very well end up being a kick ass kite - I'm just thinking out loud. :)

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

• Like 3

I recently parted with my last 4 Randy Tom revs including a Patrick Nagel girls. I know rev got the oversized skins that Randy did but was completed at rev, I know some of my masterpiece skins from different artists was completed "by Bazzer" once rev received the skins.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...