KiteLife Forum

End of an era...

John Barresi

6 hours ago, makatakam said:

Did you see the pictures of it? Neither did I.

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll soon be in the hands of the propaganda fliers with glowing Facebook posts and videos expounding on how it's such a joy to fly and how Joe, David, and Lolly can do no wrong. But you must remember "if it doesn't say Rev, it's just a copy"

What bothers me most (and the two most affected are too honorable to mention it themselves) is the fact that nothing from Rev has acknowledged, thanked, or even mentioned @John Barresi or @Bazzer in spite of their contributions to the success of the B-Series or the B-Series Pro and the Rev brand in general. Rev had the original idea, yes, but these two made the damn thing really fly. They call us "family", but my family doesn't treat people like that. 

• Like 4

Sorry but I'm tired of biting my tongue.. I literally got thrashed and verbally abused when I posted a review of the Freilein Kites, they didn't care that I had also posted a review of the Reflex and even a Trifinity Printed Rev. I'm not compensated by ANY kite company for my opinion or endorsement, so ...

As for other personalities that have evolved the Revolution brand for them, I agree with you on every front, Without folks like JB, Bazzer, Eliot Shook and a few others, Rev would not have been able to maintain their market as well. Sure they took a very good shape and turned the kiting world on it's leading edge but they had a lot of outside help in refining the design. There's always been an "IN" crowd and then everybody else. As much as I hate to say it like this, It seems like their family memberships may have expired along with their patent..

You have to also mention the many dealers that Rev has decided to directly compete with on many fronts. That's a tough pill to swallow when you've represented a brand for so long and they decide to market directly. It kind of makes you wonder if there's another reason they named their most recent offering, The Reflex..

• Like 5

iQuad's retirement met much the same response from Rev, not so much as a casual tip of the hat. I'd like to think I've been kind and deferred sufficiently to Revolution during this transition, I've certainly tried to be conscious about it while still taking care of my own needs.

All good, whatever.

Fly kites, share fun, inspire and be inspired, the best kites sell themselves. ;)

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...