KiteLife Forum

They seem to have a really long copyright date-

Mike Klaiber

20 minutes ago, dragonfish said:

Are you talking about the videos titled Revolution Kites Reflex?  Those were the teaser videos for their new kite, called the Reflex.  

Yeah. Springs look really interesting to diy. I hope somebody makes a utoob howto rig a LE with them.

The trick to any DIY attempt will be to figure out the Reflex's proportions and where the springs attach to the verticals, then scale that to whatever sail gets used. As was mentioned, there are plenty of options to attach the springs to rods, but not as many for the sail.But if you have one either worn out or an extra to mess with .....

I've added neoprene sleeves to mine for just that reason after the ODSKC. Just haven't taken the time to take pics. Weather has been lousy hot.

Photomom suggested a bit of sail repair tape on the backside of the velcro tabs but I have so much self adhesive velcro handy, I haven't opted for that particular solution but it seems to make the most sense without going into re-engineering the spring itself.

I did do a review of the Reflex along with some basic flying video and posted it a few places.. I'll post it here if there's interest.. Many of you have already seen it at the other locations..

• Like 1

soon i will change the springs on mine with some a bit stiffer and i will sleeve them with some electrical tube. the tube will be a bit bigger then the spring and the frictions will be between spring and sleeve not to the spar.now i already have some damage to spars and i am not happy about at all