KiteLife Forum

[emoji107]

Mikelp3586

16 minutes ago, Mikelp3586 said:

I feel like an outsider not having a rev lol

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

You shouldn't -- at least not on this forum. Although there are lots of quad-line flyers here, the number of DLK and SLK flyers is greater than that, and most of the guys that fly Revs also fly dual and single-line kites too. This forum is a great place for anyone who flies kites of any kind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikelp3586 said:

I feel like an outsider not having a rev lol

In a way I kind of recognise the feeling, quite a lot of the discussions are Rev related. Of course it is not bad with a Rev related discussion, it is just that there are a bit few ongoing discussions of other kite types relatively. Much info is already in old posts. Is that the case for Revs as well (have not study the topic in depth)? Could it be so that there are (more obvious) things left to be said for Revs? Since I joined KL two months ago soon I've tried to do something about this, for what it is worth, with my still quite limited contribution, to "dualify" part of the discussion, initially through posting in various dualline topics and then by writing blog entries and discussing the contents in them.

(and if I would go quad line (and one day I will) I'd buy a Sky Knife or perhaps a Smithi Pro, most likely from some obscure desire not to be "mainstream")

• Like 1

There have been massive amounts of Rev (Quad)clinics and mega flies for the past 10 years, whereas dual line has been kind of stagnant with relatively little available on the "professional" or educational end of things... The apparent focus on Revs is a byproduct of that, and how darned easy quad is to learn.

I love both dual and quad equally, but that's the lay of the land right now. ;)

• Like 1

There have been massive amounts of Rev (Quad)clinics and mega flies for the past 10 years, whereas dual line has been kind of stagnant with relatively little available on the "professional" or educational end of things... The apparent focus on Revs is a byproduct of that, and how darned easy quad is to learn.

I love both dual and quad equally, but that's the lay of the land right now.

So eloquently put John! You should run for president!!!

• Like 1

As a person that survived a stroke with some degree of after effects - Revs let me get back into flying. My balance and vision make any real "tricking" on dualies, problematic. Revs however, present a clear and understandable picture to see. Joining with others to line fly and form a team, helped build up confidence. And they gave me a chance to try indoor kiting too! Nice not having a limited season to fly!!

• Like 3

On 7/27/2016 at 7:40 PM, Mikelp3586 said:

. I on the other hand like to be dragged down a beach or a field

Fight'n trick without breaking a stick! Yes that is possible!

In case you would like to vary the dragging by including the maneuverability and quite OK tricking of a framed dual line kite you could try a HQ Fazer XL (a 2.8m (9'2") robust kite sold as a speed/power kite) in just a bit hard wind. It won't break form high wind alone (before that you are dragged downwind), however be careful with ground contact in these heavier winds - a lower leading edge snaps easily if tip stabbing then. I think that I've read somewhere that shallower kites (Fazer XL is a quite shallow) tipstabs more violent/easily than kites with a deeper sail.

But in the end, do the kiting you like - that is kind of the purpose I guess.