KiteLife Forum

My HQ Symphony 2.2.4

riffclown

On 8/7/2017 at 3:04 PM, John Barresi said:

@John Barresi As I look at the video more and more, you loan so much of your own personality to the kite through the dogstake that you've literally become the puppeteer. The interaction and kite dance is inspired.. Two Very Big Thumbs up on this one..

Now confess, you can almost see the rhythm of whatever song was in your head or at least your headphones.. What was the song of the moment if you don't mind sharing?

• Thanks 1

I need the community's assistance please,, Skybond 350# is no longer available in 1000' spools. Skybond 350# is no longer going to be made at all.

Anyone know of a viable Spectra or bridle type line in the +200# size that will backsplice well??

If anyone knows a dealer with 1000' spools (or even a 3000' spool) of Skybond 350# in stock, please let me know via private message or Private chat..

The Last 2 converted with Skybond went out my door this week.  My personal supply is down to where I'd literally have to cut linesets on my power kites to do anything further..

A few places I've checked already. without doing any advertising, most of you will know these  places just by the names I give..

Eliot = No

Kent = No

Daniel = No

(FWIW, I can do a 300' spool ONLY if the price is $50 or less. More than that will force me to charge more for kite conversions..)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I put a kid who "didn't know how to fly a quad" on it last weekend at Treasure Island festival. He got it down really quick with some help from Scott Weider while I was on crash duty. His parents told him it was time to go to dinner at least 5 times in 45 minutes lol. He kept saying "one more flight" and they just smiled with "okay". At the end when he had to hang it up his parents told me "great thanks! Now we know what to get him for Xmas". Lol. He'll be getting one as soon as HQ puts them out. It was so awesome you see this kid light up grinning from ear to ear for an hour straight.LRM_EXPORT_20171113_215023.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using KiteLife mobile app

• Like 5

It's one of the reasons this kite is so easy to hand to someone.. If they've flown a dual line, it's almost an automatic transition into quad. HQ Kites has my full specs down to the nth degree.

Until HQ Kites puts them out, feel free to point them my way..

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

I took my Symphony 2.2.4 out for a nice fun fly this after.   During middle of the flying session, one of the bottom center bridle legs came loose and was dangling while I was flying.   I noticed on the side that lost the center bridle leg seem to be flying better, so a completely removed both bottom center bridle legs to try it out.   All in all, it flew great without the bottom center legs that @riffclown created during the conversion.   So my thoughts are they aren't needed.

Here's a short video of me flying it without the two center bottom bridle legs.

• Like 2

Nice flying..

I've done a few with 8 point bridles instead of the 9 point. Both will work pretty well. The center helps when you do a lot of reverse flight. Not really critical for most stuff. If you decide you'd like them reattached, I'll gladly reattach if you like.

This is the first one I've heard of coming loose though..

43 minutes ago, riffclown said:
Nice flying..
I've done a few with 8 point bridles instead of the 9 point. Both will work pretty well. The center helps when you do a lot of reverse flight. Not really critical for most stuff. If you decide you'd like them reattached, I'll gladly reattach if you like.
This is the first one I've heard of coming loose though..

Thanks, I'll leave it this way for a while. It seems great without them