KiteLife Forum

Filmed live today...

John Barresi

You can subscribe to notifications for my live feed of you're on Facebook. ;)

Warming up before today's lesson...

Posted by John Barresi on Wednesday, August 3, 2016

• Like 1

I hate stuff on the ground that snags your lines. Dead, dried-up vegetation is the worst, especially on beaches.

My lines don't get snagged much, playing field maintained grass is pretty darn good. However, my kids will pounce and grab my kite if it comes within reach...

Got a clasp type mount for my iPhone to go on my gorilla pod so I'm all set now.

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, makatakam said:

I hate stuff on the ground that snags your lines. Dead, dried-up vegetation is the worst, especially on beaches.

Since it's been mentioned....   I fly in hay fields where line snags are a constant issue.  Fifty pound test lines seem to be almost unusable.  Nineties are much better popping loose more easily when trying to get the lines free.  Once the kite is in the air it is great incentive to keep it flying.

I have a mini tripod that will support a full size single lens reflex camera if the lens is not too bulky.  But one of the better pictures I have ever taken was several years ago when I was solo backpacking.  I had just climbed out of my sleeping bag which you can see in the background.  I placed the point & shoot camera on a rock, set the self timer & captured the glorious sunrise colors.  My wife still thinks someone else took the picture & keeps asking me who she was....

SHBKF

gallery_7709_404_5681.jpg

• Like 1