KiteLife Forum

Peek -a-Boo

cerfvoliste

Looks like the 4 line kite that we'll all be flying in a year or two. I think one might be flying to the NorthEast for kite season... I'm torn on the XtraVent or XtraMegaSuperVent... or whatever they're being called. 

Out west here - there are already a bunch in the sky. Seen pix of at least 7 and know of 5 more on order. Scout is Bazzer's wife Jayne, she's helping handle the ordering. Std, mid, F/v, and X/V are available now - the Mega is being tested as we speak. Gonna be an interesting WSIKF with other brands sharing the sky once totally dominated by Revs!! 

I guess flying side by side with Revs will be the big question... that's the one shortcoming in my mind of the ABS... what if I ever got the chance to fly side by side with another who was flying a Rev, and I had an ABS ? It looks like the Phoenix has more in common with a Rev, and will probably fly very similar.

The Phoenix has certainly caught my eye... 

Wish I could go back to the days that I bought a new kite every month, with all these new kites out there that I need to fly ! Oh, and to have the time to fly them, too !

4 minutes ago, RaginCajun said:

Wayne,  are you sure about the rods? I was told by my favorite kite shop owner that they didn't come with a frame. Maybe he was confused? I've never heard of a kite not coming with a frame. 

Pretty sure you could order them either way. No frame would make any package smaller or at least lighter. I'll know for sure when a friend's kites come in from Australia

PS: I've gotten several without a frame before!

• Like 1

I guess flying side by side with Revs will be the big question... that's the one shortcoming in my mind of the ABS... what if I ever got the chance to fly side by side with another who was flying a Rev, and I had an ABS ? It looks like the Phoenix has more in common with a Rev, and will probably fly very similar.

Indeed

96d4c03711e05c17aa6339a9d9afd828.jpg

No Matter Where You Go, There You Are.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/10/2016 at 6:02 PM, RobB said:

The Phoenix has certainly caught my eye... 

Wish I could go back to the days that I bought a new kite every month, with all these new kites out there that I need to fly ! Oh, and to have the time to fly them, too !

I would hope so considering the "B" pro was sewn by Bazzer!! It is an updated model featuring the small vent on the TE. Makes the transition from forward to backward flight a lot smoother. That and an improved bridle setup, with a different panel layout ...

• Like 1

The Phoenix is certainly a better looking Rev. My understanding of the B-series is that the panels are optimally laid out for a perfect sail billow. If there's no sacrifice in achieving the perfect 'billow' with the new panel layout, then I guess the choice of getting a Phoenix is a no-brainer for me...

• 2 months later...

Update on these: 

There are a total of 6 models for you to choose from - SUL (Ashes), STD, MID. Full Vent, Xtra Vent, and Mega Vent. The SUL Ashes leaves out the vent at the TE, giving you a fuller sail area. All can be ordered with SkyShark rods or sail only, use your own. They also can use Rev rods as a direct swap, little to no adjustment needed. 

Prices are pretty close to what a Rev "B" pro went for. And I've seen pix of several color combos, some custom per owner request.