KiteLife Forum

Welcome DavidW

Hello @DavidW,

Welcome to KiteLife®!

Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Need to tweak settings?

Edit your profile here - View Member
Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/

Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for...

Member Chat
Member Map
KL Shop

And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life! ;)

Hi. I am David and I'm a kite-aholic. It seems that I have been fascinated with kites as long as I can remember. Got really into 2-line stunt kites around 2000. Had a spell with single line fighter kites, which are a blast to build and fly. The last several years have been a lapse as things were quite busy. Went to the WSIKF this past weekend and the passion is alive again. Jumping back into the deep end of the pool with a new B-series Revolution. Really appreciate all of the nice folks I met and the advice they gave me.

This web site is an awesome resource. Have already learned a ton and hope I can give back one day.

I live in Vancouver Washington (the one near Portland :) ) and would be glad to get together if there are any group flies.

Tight Lines

David

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DavidW said:

Hi. I am David and I'm a kite-aholic.

I join in into the subsequent welcoming phrase: Hi David!

8 hours ago, DavidW said:

Got really into 2-line stunt kites around 2000. ... The last several years have been a lapse as things were quite busy

I know that story, I was just a few years ahead with the start, but on the other side the lapse was looong.

9 hours ago, DavidW said:

2-line stunt kites... single line fighter kites ... B-series Revolution

Diversified I see.

9 hours ago, DavidW said:

Tight Lines

Slacking them for a second to do a trick once in a while?

• Like 1

Are you also on FB? Ask to join the Portland Area Kite Flyer page. We sometimes use it to announce get-togethers and/or scheduled events. Several of us have been using Broughton Beach lately, on the Gorge, behind PDX. Inland winds though are always a gamble. 

• Like 1