KiteLife Forum

Trade 4d

6 hours ago, Mikelp3586 said:

Anyone interested in a 4d, just not my thing! Would like to grab a full sized dual preferably.

"When one woman was asked how long she had been going to symphony concerts, she paused to calculate and replied, 'Forty-seven years - and I find I mind it less and less."
   --Louise Andrews Kent

Considering your kiting history as I discern from http://kitelife.com/forum/topic/7257-emoji107/?do=findComment&comment=58752 , the step to a 4D is not a small step. After I bought this kite model last summer it took me about 3/4 of year to start kind of liking this kite (OK, the time with this particular kite did by no means dominate over others). Frame mass has been much important to suit my flying style, which this kite got very little of. However I find this kite a good trainer for going in the direction of smaller inputs. I can understand your sense of responsibility having won the 4D in a Karma drawing - the kite should come to use. What I try to say is - patience. If you have decided to do duals (trick/precision?) as well, perhaps getting a larger kite with a heavier frame would be a good start (as you suggested?), but not necessarily the end. My least used kite is a HQ City session bought a long time ago (also with a light frame - used two times perhaps):  http://www.kitepower.com/reviews/citysessionreview.html . Today (well not literally), 17 years later, I'm going to see how I'll find it. 

• Like 1

Exult I understand what your saying..... I think I'd be a lot happier flying a heavier frame than this is all. I like to fly in wind and feel the tension is who I like to fly. Maybe if I spent a summer with it I would not feel the same way but I don't get much time as it is and would just like to be able to throw something up and enjoy......

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

So tad bit of info on this kite. This is the Berkeley custom 4d. It is signed by prism designers and owner also numbered. I didn't even know this until stumbling upon this, not sure what difference it makes but for anyone that is a prism fan would be cool piece to have! I'll put up some pics later

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

• Like 1