KiteLife Forum

Prism trick dvd

reefaddicted

The prism DVD is ok. Freestyle Pilot. I got one a a while back. It's good if you prefer to watch a DVD rather than stream from the net. I think "Trick or Treat" DVD from Tim Benson is a little more up to date. Better production too. Has more flying sequences. Dodd's 6 step was really helpful to me. Also Randy G's stuff was good. But they are both net based.

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

I have one - I think it came with an e3 I bought for my boy, the kite is long gone. He gets bored listening to the way the guy talks, . I have it in my hand Its called Freestyle pilot. It's definitely the one from Prism,  Prism is printed right on it. If you want it I will give it to you for free. email me if you want it. You have first dibs.

• Like 1

The Prism DVD is old but OK. Trick or treat is great when you have the basics down but if you are just getting into it then it will probably confuse rather than help as it assumes you already have a basic skill level.

The best I've found is Dodd Gross kite school - it starts from absolute basics right through to complicated combination - if you look on youtube all the scetion are there for free. these are two to start with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BxVhl3Z3ao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbxWySL5MRk

The prism DVD is ok. Freestyle Pilot. I got one a a while back. It's good if you prefer to watch a DVD rather than stream from the net. I think "Trick or Treat" DVD from Tim Benson is a little more up to date. Better production too. Has more flying sequences. Dodd's 6 step was really helpful to me. Also Randy G's stuff was good. But they are both net based.

Net based is ok I stream all my content anyhow where can I finds these at? I've heard of Randy G but don't know where to find his stuff

The Prism DVD is old but OK. Trick or treat is great when you have the basics down but if you are just getting into it then it will probably confuse rather than help as it assumes you already have a basic skill level.

The best I've found is Dodd Gross kite school - it starts from absolute basics right through to complicated combination - if you look on youtube all the scetion are there for free. these are two to start with.

So if this is considered the basics I'm ready to move on:

Net based is ok I stream all my content anyhow where can I finds these at? I've heard of Randy G but don't know where to find his stuff

DPmama74 on YouTube, I think.

• Like 1

So if this is considered the basics I'm ready to move on:

Ok so I just got 2 new kites in the mail today. They are the largest dual line kites I've ever flown. I got the jammin which is 86" and the widow ng special which is 96" with that being said I'm going to put my foot in my mouth with the above statement. I am not used to a large kite so back to practicing the basics. I did not think it would be this much different lol

Yeah my wife says every time I start a new hobby I go all in right away lol. I told her it's the only way I know. After breaking my first kite and not having anything to fly for a week I now have 4 dual line kites to fly so if one is down I can order parts and still fly another while waiting

• Like 1