Hey guys! Me again!
I'm here on behalf of a Mechanical Engineering Project that requires a mechanism to be built that will launch a kite in low winds so that it will be shot up to 50m where the better winds are. 
I'm back with another few questions to ask all of you. Any help is appreciated!

1. How do you normally launch your kites? Besides tugging and running backwards?

2. Were there any methods that didn't work? Why?

3. At what speed do you consider low winds? How fast must the wind be to lift a kite?

4. What's the weight of your kite along with the photography rigging?

5. What types of kite do you use? What are their specs? What winds do they fly in? How heavy can the lift?

6. What type of cameras do you use?

7. What has been the smallest and largest kites/payloads you have used?

8. Do you KAP on land or at sea? Which do you prefer?

9. How much would a full set be? Kite and rigging included?

10. Have you ever used methods that involved an energy source? Batteries etc.

11. Do you fly on your own or with a group?

Thanks again!

There can be variations to most questions asked.

Kites and rigs can vary vastly with wind conditions...line also (drag/weight increases with size) weight/size/cost/etc..

Wind speeds needed can vary right along with above reference . ..from single digits to as much as you are willing too risk.

As far as "shooting" a kite up....ehhh..good luck.

Most kites are launched by hand or anchored at a specific  length of line. running involved.

you need to understand kites and fly conditions to rise a kite. all your questions are may be resumed in to a single one, ok two. HOW BIG and HOW MUCH WILL COST the kite to rise in low wind with all the equipment you want to put on.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Video Tutorials

• Site Sponsors

• Similar Content

• By mystainedskin
      Quad Kites For Sale
      Prices include shipping.  No International shipping without someone vouching for you in a super good way...
      All prices negotiable. Selling for someone..I will relay..they reply quickly.
      All kites are New or Like New unless specified 
      Each Kite has included accessories (Minimum) :
      Sleeve (Generic or Original)
      Generic Handles
      Generic Spectra or Dyneema Quad Line Set  90#x65'
      Detailed pics upon request.
      Hengda or Albatross Quads:
      Used Standard - Light color bleed in 1 spot. White slightly yellowed. Good Condition  $85.00
      New Standard                                                                                                                             $120.00
      New Standard                                                                                                                             $120.00
      New Vented                                                                                                                                $120.00
      5 Stack ( Standards) Multiple line sets and Handles                                                           $575.00
      Purple Standard       Discoloration at folds                                                                            $65.00
      Small Yellow/White /Black                                                                                                       $75.00   
      Lanyork Spider                                                                                                                            $100.00
      Revolution Exp      Red/ Black                                                                                                   $125.00
      Revolution SuperSonic                        Sail/Frame/Bag/extra rod                                         $225.00 
      Not all Kites Pictured. Work on the rest this evening.

• By KAP Jasa
      Hello everyone!

We are two kite aerial photography enthusiasts - Janez and Saša -  from Ljubljana, Slovenia.
      We would like to present you our just-launched, brand new kite aerial photography website!

All our adventures, mishaps, discoveries, stories and beauty from the air in one place, with info on KAP equipment, kite types, rigs and cameras, plus tips on how to do KAP science, and some links. 

Every visit, critique, comment and suggestion is greatly appreciated :-)
      Thanks and have a nice day!

KAP Jasa

• By Amejia
      Hi I'm a kite newbie except for an Into the Wind Delta I had years ago. I've seen the big octopus kites all over lately, and had to have one.
      Now after hours of researching I realize there is very little info out there about how to attach, what kind of line, etc.
      I have found videos of how to daisy chain, and the larks head knot.
      I bought 150 lb line for my 49 ft octopus. It's a soft airfoil with a complicated looking bridle. Anyone out there have one? Any tips about how to attach to a line? Do I need heavier line? EmmaKites just told me.. no, we don't have instructions. Downside of ordering from China:( Any help appreciated guys!
  • Upcoming Events