KiteLife Forum

Shanti Speed line sleeving color code

jeepinjeepin

The lines sleeved in black appear to be thinner. If those are the brake lines, that would suggest they are the 200#. If you put some tension on them it may make it easier to see which are thinner. Like riffclown said, there should be a significant difference, and this difference should be something you can feel when you handle them

P.S. - Some of my linesets have sleeping too. You should be able to delete that if you are the author, and no one has posted to it yet.

Not sure on the color coding, but the lines with the red flecked sleeving looks to be the thicker of the two sets. At least from my perspective in the picture. You should definitely be able to feel and tell the difference.

10 hours ago, makatakam said:

The lines sleeved in black appear to be thinner. If those are the brake lines, that would suggest they are the 200#. If you put some tension on them it may make it easier to see which are thinner. Like riffclown said, there should be a significant difference, and this difference should be something you can feel when you handle them

P.S. - Some of my linesets have sleeping too. You should be able to delete that if you are the author, and no one has posted to it yet.

Thanks, I don't know how I got a dupe. I caught the typo and submitted an edit. Somehow it must have become two. 

you are sure they are two different thickness (picture)? i have a skybond set for quad with the same slaving, withe/black for left handle white-red/black-red for right handle (mi choice). you are saying you have two sets for quad but you show just one(?). for sure if you have two sets second one (not show in picture) is white and black slaving ore same like this for easy recognition left right if you let the lines attached to handles. 

8 hours ago, Edmond Dragut said:

you are sure they are two different thickness (picture)? i have a skybond set for quad with the same slaving, withe/black for left handle white-red/black-red for right handle (mi choice). you are saying you have two sets for quad but you show just one(?). for sure if you have two sets second one (not show in picture) is white and black slaving ore same like this for easy recognition left right if you let the lines attached to handles. 

Thanks! It's one set, with 300# mains and 200# brakes. I'm actually splitting them up into 2 dual sets. It was just cheaper to buy them as a quad set. 

• Like 1

As long  as the lines are the same construction/material thickness is your best indicator.. Go with your first impression.. it's usually going to be the right one..

You can always weigh the individual lines as well (postage scale).. the heavier lines will probably be the "heavier" lines..

• Like 2

For quad, those color codes should be...

Black (only) - bottom left
Black (w/red) - bottom right
White (only) - top left
White (w/red) - top right

Black is bottom, red is right, typically.

Hard to tell from the pic, but if the lineset was indeed meant to be a split of 200# and 300#, the heaviest lines should be on top since the brake lines just don't generate as much power.

• Like 1