KiteLife Forum

Suppliers of kite hardware in the UK

OAP

While it seems that most contributors here live in North America, I've noticed that there are some international locations too. So I hope someone can help.

I'm trying to find a source of small hardware - connectors, nocks, apas, jacos etc. - here in the UK. I could buy any amount of the stuff from the Kite Shoppe in the USA, or from the Drachenshop in Germany. Both of these stock just what I need. But shipping costs are enormous. In fact shipping from Germany would cost almost four times as much as the actual value of the shipment; and I'd have to pay import duty and a "handling fee" for a tiny package from across the Atlantic. I've found a couple of UK stockists, but they have a very small range, and more important, they don't keep anything that will fit my 2mm carbon tubes.

Any thoughts, please?

Martyn

Thanks. These look promising, at least Highwayman does (though they don't have everything I want) and so does Hengist, who don't list parts but give a phone number. Go Kites seems to have closed its website down, sadly.

Anyway, I'll give Hengist a ring tomorrow and see what they've got.

Martyn

• 6 months later...

Thanks to each and all who have replied. I'm away at the moment, with very patchy access to the Internet, so I can't check the resources that have been most recently mentioned. However, on the face of it it looks as if – even though I might have to collect from a few suppliers – I should be able to stock up on replacements for the bits I need. So thank you again.

In the meantime, I've brought away with me a new toy, a baby vented iFlite from Karl Longbottom. What a lovely little glider this is! Held on thread from my other half's sewing box, it dances and curtsies in the slightest of breezes.