KiteLife Forum

Welcome Terryz

John Barresi

Hello @Terryz,

Welcome to KiteLife®!

Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Need to tweak settings?

Edit your profile here - View Member
Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/

Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for...

Member Chat
Member Map
KL Shop

And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life! ;)

Hi all

I'm a french pilot and some of you already know me as 'Terry Feathers' on Facebook.

I use to fly North Shore Radical kites with Vince, my leader.
We use to fly the Canard too, a kite from Drole d'Oiseau Kite (french manufacturer).

If you have TOTL North Shores to sell, don't hesitate to make me offers, we'll study them.

Happy to be part of your community !

Best wishes

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

Thank you for your reply and welcome here (personally I think it is a bit extra fun when a new dual line kite pilot shows up here, since it is also my "thing"). Does the feather have a function other than being decorative (and it would be nothing wrong with that - I'm just being curious)?

decorative. got a whole collection of different ones from diffferent festivals. some were even given as awards at an indoor event. some people do just for fun, others as a fundraising thing, others to mark a special event, etc ....

got one attached to my hat!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wayne Dowler said:

decorative. got a whole collection of different ones from diffferent festivals. some were even given as awards at an indoor event. some people do just for fun, others as a fundraising thing, others to mark a special event, etc ....

Ahh ... had no idea that I would learn some kite customs today. To my defense I'd say that I don't have much of a local kite community to learn from (and that I've not been doing any distant kite festival travelling). In a way it sounds like the feather is also a kind of souvenir or a mark of a kiter.

• Like 2