KiteLife Forum

How much to resell Rev for?

Roxy

I have 2 Rev's. Used once or twice. One is vented. Mint condition with hard ski case. Bought these about 5 years ago. Foot injury, unable to use. Really wanted to learn.

Any clue how much to ask?

Thanks,

Roxie

Easiest way is to go to a kite shop webpage, The Kite Shoppe is a forum sponsor too, and see how much a comparable kite is going for. If you are including lines and stuff add that. Include if you are pricing shipping in the cost or not. 

There is a For Sale section for selling kites. 

And post a pic 😜

Edited by SparkieRob
Grammar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Edmond Dragut said:

what models the Rev's are ?

Edmund --  easy there, you can't buy them all! How many do you have now?  

@Roxy You can fly Revs while sitting down. There's a few people who fly from wheelchairs and do very well. I can't move around a lot while flying and fly sitting down on the ground or a chair at least half the time I am flying. That's the beauty of a quad-line kite -- control.

Unless you get in the right place/right time, a Pro is pretty much off the board. With Bazzer no longer making them, people will be hanging onto theirs. Might take a look at his Phoenix brand kites. They use all the love he put into "B" pros and a few new wrinkles too.

They are Bazzer's brand kite! He did subcontract for Rev and make the Pros, now he is on his own. Could they be considered  "rebranded Pros"? Some say yes, some say no. He did make the Rev "B" pro, but he had all the templates and added his skill to making them. Now on his own to do with them as he sees fit. Rev kept him in a "box" making them as they instructed. No changes allowed, even something as simple as fold strips ended up as an additional cost. And that was one of the kites weakest points! 

To be clear - there are no more new Rev "B" pros being made right now, There have been rumors of someone else making a "new" Pro, but nothing confirmed or out on the market. And with John withdrawing his endorsement - any "new" kite won't be a "B"!!

@Roxy If you really want to sell these items, my suggestion is you get pricing information from an informed uninterested 3rd Party. There are a lot of folks that will immediately start circling to snap up deals if only to resell at a profit.. Typically, a New or nearly new Rev is worth about 50%-75% of its original price. It may be worth more or less depending on the scarcity of a particular model or color scheme.. I'd also look at a few kite sites that have a "for sell" section and explore into similar models for a good idea of what they are worth..

If you'd like send me a few pics of what you have and I'll identify them for you and point you in the right direction to research their value.. Never let the person you are selling to tell you what the item is worth..

• Like 1

14 hours ago, riffclown said:

@Roxy There are a lot of folks that will immediately start circling to snap up deals if only to resell at a profit..

Yes, of course there are vultures out there. However I don't believe the community here at Kitelife has that environment. It appears Roxy is new here so she may not be aware of this. If she posts pics of the kites and views the replies before responding to possible pm/messages of interested people, it would be highly unlikely for her to get a deal going with a vulture.

To uncloud all the replies Roxy and make things simpler for you, post the pics. The people here would me more than willing to help and then you could decide how much to offer the kites for.

• Like 1

I think it is pretty awesome that the general tone of this group is so supportive. Urging contemplation and thoughtful choices - Encouraging someone to think of alternative's ways to look at kiting rather than jumping on looking for a deal is a pretty selfless and supportive response. With all the ugliness and divisiveness that we have seen recently online and in general media it is nice, reassuring even to be involved with others who actively foster a positive tone of interaction. Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5X using KiteLife mobile app

• Like 5