John Barresi

JB for a Weekend **INTERNATIONAL**

47 posts in this topic

That reminds me,
Must speak to "my crew"...

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

1 person likes this

15 tickets sold, here's the race as it looks now... ;)

1. Denmark
  2. Denmark
  3. Denmark
  4. Denmark
  5. Denmark
  6. Andover UK
  7. Germany
  8. Australia
  9. NC USA
  10. NC USA
  11. NC USA
  12. NC USA
  13. NC USA
  14. Netherlands
  15. Australia
1 person likes this

Good question... Same set up as we've done before, still open to the US - we've just opened it up for everyone to participate wherever they may live... I'm a little surprised too. :)

Could be the ticket reserve that's throwing people, but it's got to be feasible if I end up headed  somewhere like Australia ($2K+ for airfare alone).

Its ok, may be a long simmer but someone will win a real treat.

I want to get the money together for the UK quad clinic unfortunately I have prior responsibilitys hopefully the last few spots don't go to quick, then I will be buying more of these. Got to be in it to it!

Sent from my SM-G903F using KiteLife mobile app

2 people like this

I'm just giving the guys on the other side of both ponds a chance to enjoy what I have already had the pleasure of doing. If there aren't a lot more entries from other nations, I think the people in the US will start to get in on this in big numbers.

1 person likes this

17 tickets sold, Brazil and Florida have joined the race. ;)

1 person likes this

Hi all, seeing as sign up for this drawing is going extremely slow...

Wondering what you all think about converting it to a B-Series raffle instead?

@drdante @JWharton @misu @SparkieRob @Tina Heatley @Tim P. 
@Ronald @jasonmcmahon76 @applewpb @ageraldi @Happyspoon

If anyone doesn't want to convert, I can also arrange appropriate refund(s).

It's just such a long way to 300 tickets, and I've gotta keep things moving. :)

Thoughts?

My thoughts.

I'm a big believer in this as an incredible opportunity for the "inters" to get involved. It will ultimately be their loss. I've been spruking to different clubs but have seen waining interest.

If it turns to a kite raffle, and mine comes up, redraw. I love my B's but love it more when others experience the joy it get.

If it gets canned, keep the cash mate. It's all good.

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

I agree overall, such a neat opportunity I'd hate to see it go away, but at this rate it'll be a long time before we hit the goal and those funds will have been long since applied to expenses (the downside of being a little one man show).

Thanks for the kind ear Rob. :)

Looking forward to hearing more thoughts on the subject.

I'd prefer the original also, but the raffle works as well if you think it'll generate quicker interest John. Or however you want to work it. If everything falls through, then keep the money sent in my name, there never seems to be enough when you're raising kids. My kids are grown. :D

1 person likes this

the raffle is ok

1 person likes this

Thanks for the (kind) replies, standing by to hear from others. :)

keep the money, or put them in the LUCA education fond. you can give the first cop of coffee next time. Love Dan

1 person likes this

John

Had I won, you could come and visit us again, but looks like the possibility is remote! Raffle a kite or keep the money I'm good with whatever you decide.

Mark and Rebecca

1 person likes this

Thanks to all who have responded so far - still hoping to hear from at least a couple more, I'll notify folks when things settle out. :) 

@applewpb - I'm due for a clinic down there at some point, Florida is inevitable - great Winter run!

1 person likes this

Just one more thing if it does end up being a raffle I could really do with a mid-vent thanks

Sent from my SM-G903F using KiteLife mobile app

1 person likes this

I've almost heard back from the majority of our participants, stay tuned for a decision - thanks!

Sorry for the late response but I am also happy either way John! It would be great for there to be future opportunities to have you out this way if this one does go toward the raffle :)

1 person likes this

"You may say I'm a dreamer...", but what I really prefer is that there would be some "abroad" (depends on perspective) kite clinic like event somewhere with a new set of people that would share their experiences, what they learned, what set of people (and how) they managed to gather for the event (shared joy is often more fun)... I'm not into gambling, so these tickets are the first of any kind that I've bought in about 30 years. OK, the rate of sold tickets might have been a bit low and this therefore might end up as a kite drawing. Even if it did, I'd much like to hear about the experiences with the new kite(dual/quad?)/gear prize after a few months of use.

1 person likes this

Ok my very considerate friends... :)

New (converted) drawing is here!

http://kitelife.com/forum/topic/7803-b-series-standard-signed/

I'll be converting the 18 tickets previously sold ($10 ea) into the new drawing ($5 ea) and doubling the number of tickets issued so far so everyone gets fair value, stay tuned for that in your email - thanks so much for your patience, understanding and support! :)

2 people like this

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Video Tutorials

• Site Sponsors

• Similar Content

• By John Barresi
      Hi all - putting up another fun raffle item as part of our fund raising efforts for the coming off season... It's almost extra special, seeing as there are no more B-Series being made and there are only 225 tickets available!

(NOTE: prize is STD in lime combo, as pictured)
      NO subscription required to enter, you just need raffle tickets... We'll be drawing ONE winning ticket as soon as all tickets are sold for this brand new, never flown Revolution B-Series STD directly from the KiteLife prize basket - what's included?
      B-Series STD sail in lime / combo (hand-signed by JB, can personalize) OPTIONAL upgrades ($): LE tabs, Wear Strips and/or 2nd Stitch 13" handles w/ Pro leaders 2 wrap frame 3 wrap frame Kite sleeve DVD I have personally opened this package, swapped TK's pro leaders onto the handles and made sure everything is properly configured to fly well... This package is almost ready to fly - just add your even length quad lines, drive your stake into the ground, put the handles over it and walk downwind.
      Note, this is not a B-Series PRO, it's a pure factory model in custom colors but it becomes fairly "Pro-esque" if all the upgrades are done.
      Tickets are $5 each (via PayPal/Visa/MC/Discover/AmEx), 225 tickets are available, we'll use a numbered spreadsheet and ticket numbers will be issued accordingly, drawing shortly after the last ticket (#225) is sold using the same random method as our regular subscriber drawings - and we will ship anywhere in the world, all entries are welcome!
      -- Click here to buy your tickets! --
      (link does not work on TapaTalk - use web browser)
      As always, TK and I extend our deepest thanks for your support, past and current - we wouldn't be able to do what we do without you.
    • By John Barresi
      Starting this topic to assemble a fairly comprehensive list of all the video tutorial resources available online related to 2 string / dual line / stunt kite / sport kite flying... The list below is somewhat categorized by variety of knowledge, ideally getting more robust and eventually more complex as you work your way through.
      Kite Loft - Fundamentals as taught by kite store staff.
      Hosted by MonkeySee.com Dodd Gross - Fundamental and freestyle trick tutorials.
      Dodd's YouTube channel DVD - Flight School (no link) DVD - Flight School II (no link) DVD - Flight School III (no link) DVD - Flight School IV: More Tricks (YouTube) Prism Kites - Fundamental and freestyle trick tutorials.
      The Way To Fly Advanced Way to Fly (no link) Misc tutorials (YouTube) Reed Design - Animated practice / competition maneuvers (flight paths).
      International Rule Book (IRBC) for team, pairs and individual Stunt Team Competitive Kiting (STACK) for team, pairs and individuals Randy Greenway (aka RandyG) - Freestyle trick tutorials.
      Archive on Kite Clique RandyG on Vimeo Mama74 - Freestyle trick tutorials and studies (repeated examples).
      Mama74 on YouTube Rob Randolph
      Comete tutorial (YouTube) allkabi - 3D animations of trick maneuvers.
      Fractured Axel (YouTube) Flap Jack (YouTube) Roll Up, Half Lazy, Unroll to Fade (YouTube) Trick Sequence 1 (YouTube) And some added info (non-tutorial)
      Trick List (not complete) I'll likely reorganize as time goes on, but please feel free to add anything you've found in a reply and I'll add it to this lead post if I think it fits into what I want to end up with, otherwise it'll stay part of the discussion here - thanks!
    • By John Barresi
      Brought back due to popular demand!

Yes indeed, the "win your very own JB for a Weekend" event is on again...

YOURS TO WIN: All-day access for THREE FULL DAYS to pick my brain, learn and play, solo or team, dual or quad, indoor or outdoor, water flying, urban kiting, dogstake, competition skills, you name it, hang out, name anything (legal and platonic) that we can fit into three days and I'd genuinely love to participate with you.

TERMS:
      I will quite literally be somebody's (or a group's) private instructor, kite bag boy, workshop presenter, team trainer or simple arm candy for all three days, the winner can share me around with other local fliers, your team, a club, or just keep the fun all to themselves. I will cover my own flight to meet with the winner at any major International airport in the Continental USA (using Star Alliance air miles) on a mutually agreed date (any season), but no sooner than 21 days after the drawing. Winner provides basic lodging (couch or floorspace is acceptable) and local transportation for duration of the agreed visit, as it relates to the airport (pick up / drop off), kite flying and sleeping arrangements. Entry into this drawing is $10 per ticket with no limit to the number you can buy, all ticket numbers will be issued to the buyer via email (no refunds). Drawing day will be December 1st, 2016, using RANDOM.ORG's 3RD PARTY DRAW SERVICE.
        Main terms apply to mainland US entrants only (takes lots more air miles to go abroad), unless an International (or Hawaii, Guam, etc) participant is willing to cover the airfare under the same terms otherwise. NOTE: If you are near the US border in Canada or Mexico, we can also arrange for the major US airport nearest to you and do a pick-up / ride-across arrangement from there as long as those local arrangements are made by the winner. IMPORTANT: There is a reserve of 100 tickets that must be sold to make this economical on my end (cost of travel and approximately 5 days away), the drawing may be extended if the reserve is not reached. By purchasing tickets, you acknowledge full understanding of all the terms above.
      NOTE: Tickets can NOT be ordered via TapaTalk or the KiteLife App, please visit the link below using a web browser (mobile or desktop).
      Enter here ---> http://kitelife.com/forum/store/product/40-jb-for-a-weekend-fall-2016/
      If you have ANY problems, please feel free to send me a PM or email directly via our contact page.

Thanks so much everyone - your support and help is profoundly appreciated!

• By John Barresi
      We're pleased to yet again announce the next prize being given away to our most appreciated supporters, the Kitelife Subscribers... For roughly 10 cents per day they play a major role in keeping KL growing in every way, and they get a chance to win an early present just in time for Christmas.

B2 STD (package w/ handles, DVD and kite sleeve), roughly a $329 value!

This package includes kite, TWO frame sets, 10" adjustable handles, DVD and kite sleeve - ready to fly!

NOTE: The kite in this drawing is RED and black with black center.

This is regular (factory) model, it is not a Pro by Bazzer, but will still provide excellent flying for whoever wins.

You can sign up here.

Odds of winning for this prize is currently 1/352, and will be drawn on December 20th, 2016!

Our thanks, and the very best to you... Let the drooling begin!

• By John Barresi
      Join us for two full days of hard core TEAM quad instruction with Team KiteLife members John Barresi and Brett Marchel at the Munson Soccer Fields near Detroit MI on September 24-25, 2016.
      Location - https://goo.gl/maps/iszmxLfeQzT2
      NOTE: This event has been reformatted - intermediate fliers or better only, focus will be on team flying and certain skills are required including basic hovers, figure 8 flight and fundamental speed control.
      Saturday morning we'll have a rountable about team philosophy and dynamics, this covers a metric ton of stuff that even the "pros" think they know, but don't... Then we'll break up into two teams (led by Brett and John), rotating students between the two groups to work on team maneuvers and basic skill improvements, then we'll do a mega fly to close out the day, wind allowing.
      Sunday will be more of the same, turned up few notches.
      Ideal choice of equipment for this class is any model of Revolution 1.5 (includes EXP, SLE, B-Series, printed specials, etc) - we'll go through painless equipment set up, good tuning and all aspects of flight - the goal here is to demystify quad flying and set you up to win.
      Students will use their own kites, 120' length is REQUIRED for all team exercises. Must be Skybond or spectra lines for team flying.
      Testimonials - http://tinyurl.com/jb-testimonials
      Registration is $175 per person and includes full access to the clinic on both days (10a-4p), a discounted rate of $150 is available to KiteLife subscribers.
      KiteLife subscription info - http://join.kitelife.com
      Please note, there are only 8 2 spots available.
      http://kitelife.com/forum/store/product/22-motor-city-quad-clinic-sep-24-25-2016/

RSVP'd so far:
      @ru4camping @roger tompkins @Jason R @Vern Balodis @stapp59 @Landon Hope to see you there!
  • Upcoming Events