KiteLife Forum

Deserted island...

SoggyWombat

I'd say HQ Infinity - it got me started or I reached a breakthrough with: lazies, fades and sleeping beauties. It feels "real and serious". However I'm in the somewhat stalled (more precisely nock knocked broken) process of getting acquainted with the Hydra and Kymera so the answer might change with time. But argggg ... the question is so limiting and wind and mood so varying. E.g. when I'm more in kiting for a laugh or a work out (and not the usual/trick precision) I'd go for my Fazer XL (or soon what Santa just brought me in advance today). I'm literally having the package in front of me just now. Recently my wife for the first time in any way questioned my kite purchases, so I think I'll wait until the 24th of December (the date we open the packages here) to seek protection with help from Santa. Hmm... since everyone is asleep i the house I could possibly have a peek and then seal it with some packaging tape...

Update:

Well, since nobody took a guess, I'll lock me into a wardrobe with my Fazer XXL package to have the unboxing event there and you'll never know...  :)

Edited by Exult
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, makatakam said:

XXL = Extra Extra Large? :D

Yes, well I didn't do the naming of the kite (or the, hrm..., colour layout). They do not have a large (L) model though - a marketing decision? I'm also much curious of what tricks that survive (can be transferred) to a kite of this size. 

25 minutes ago, RobB said:

BIG KITES RULE !

Yes, but picture this, after having a work out like session with the Fazer XXL, the wind drops and you assemble a 4D or a Shadow. Would it be possible to quickly re-calibrate your piloting inputs?

It is difficult to transfer to a standard sized kite after flying BIG. An SUL would be very difficult. But... Big kites fly in surprisingly low winds. I can fly the Firestorm in SUL winds, and won't fly it in winds much over 5mph.

• Like 1