John Barresi

KiteLife chat phasing out...

63 posts in this topic

All feedback being noted, not ignoring - this is just lower on my priority list right now, hope to make all major (and possible) improvements within the coming 2 weeks. ;)

Thanks all!

Did chat die on everyone late last night? It just self closed mid conversation on my windows laptop last night. It was a good kick off time for me anyway...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using KiteLife mobile app

*groan*

Still talking with Comet Chat support but it's looking more and more like I might be taking them up on the 30 day refund policy, particularly the bit about being able to see a list of ACTIVE users while using the group chat... It doesn't appear to be a feature now, but I'll know for sure very soon.

Still researching other alternatives, but not seeing a lot - any suggestions are certainly welcomed. :)

1 person likes this

First time using it yesterday, lack of a current roster is annoying. Never know who is actually on, unless they chime in. Other than that, went pretty much normal.

2 people like this

New chat works for me.  I especially like the ability to go back & read the history.  Also it allows you to delete your own posts.  So now I might post hello & wait a few minutes for a response.  If no one is there or they don't wish to chat I can delete my post & leave the site uncluttered with my inquiry.  I thought maybe I might check near the top of the hour as a possible way of meeting up with others with the same idea.  But I realize I am not too punctual so maybe five before to five or ten after you might find me on chat.  SHBKF

1 person likes this

I understand and appreciate the new chat works for a few, but it falls short overall. :(

The refund process has been initiated, and I am already in the process of:

1 - reactivating the old chat (for the 2 weeks until it expires)
2 - removing Comet Chat from the forum system

Ok guys, I've found another chat platform that I think will do the job...

https://www.arrowchat.com/demo/

• Group chat with ACTIVE USER LIST
  • Single login forum / chat

The link above will allow you to easily demo the software in action (desktop and mobile), let me know what you think!   :)

2 people like this

Looks very good so far.. best of both worlds.. (phased out and comet)

Looks good just a shame there's no time stamp on the chat but that's a minor thing

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

Hover your mouse on the avatar next to any chat post, time stamp is in the little pop up. ;)

I have pet rats and an iPhone would it still work ?? 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app