KiteLife Forum

KiteLife chat phasing out...

*groan*

Still talking with Comet Chat support but it's looking more and more like I might be taking them up on the 30 day refund policy, particularly the bit about being able to see a list of ACTIVE users while using the group chat... It doesn't appear to be a feature now, but I'll know for sure very soon.

Still researching other alternatives, but not seeing a lot - any suggestions are certainly welcomed. :)

• Like 1

New chat works for me.  I especially like the ability to go back & read the history.  Also it allows you to delete your own posts.  So now I might post hello & wait a few minutes for a response.  If no one is there or they don't wish to chat I can delete my post & leave the site uncluttered with my inquiry.  I thought maybe I might check near the top of the hour as a possible way of meeting up with others with the same idea.  But I realize I am not too punctual so maybe five before to five or ten after you might find me on chat.  SHBKF

• Like 1

I understand and appreciate the new chat works for a few, but it falls short overall. :(

The refund process has been initiated, and I am already in the process of:

1 - reactivating the old chat (for the 2 weeks until it expires)
2 - removing Comet Chat from the forum system

Ok guys, I've found another chat platform that I think will do the job...

https://www.arrowchat.com/demo/

• Group chat with ACTIVE USER LIST
  • Single login forum / chat

The link above will allow you to easily demo the software in action (desktop and mobile), let me know what you think!   :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Found myself really missing chat today.  Traded PM's with Riffclown a bit regarding the issue of it not working. I always close chat when I'm done but I know others leave the tab open & it sometimes shows them still logged in for days at a time.  I find myself checking it with two to five people showing without me knowing that any of them are actually actively monitoring.  I wish the chat software would clear out the room after a lengthy period of no one posting.  I may start posting a time in and an amount of time I will stand by.  Or perhaps a time when I am logging out.  It would also be helpful if the service would show a notification when someone enters or leaves chat.  I know some have logged on & I have missed greeting them.  I must admit to trying to get them to post for a bit. But some are just looking or perhaps a bit shy.  I am a lifelong introvert & chat brought me out from under my rock.

Just a few thoughts from the field, SHBKF

EDIT: 3:54 pm 5/8/17 CHAT IS BACK ON!

• Like 1