KiteLife Forum

Corolla Quad Clinic (Apr 8-9, 2017)

John Barresi

Back to the Corolla Quad Clinic topic,

I'll be bringing 3 GoPros, 200 finger lites and lots of extra kite related stuff. I hope to organize a night fly one evening and get some cool footage. If anyone wants copies of the footage bring a large thumb drive and I'll gladly share "back at the house"

• Like 4

On 02/12/2017 at 3:59 AM, Paul LaMasters said:

A few of us will be down at the whalehead club this next weekend, fletch, Melissa, Dugard, Conklin, sir Paul, maya, and the other Paul, building our cherry blossom team routine.

you all should enjoy your gig equally as well

It was nice to finally meet you and the others Saturday Paul, and to see Fletch, Melissa and Marc again. They gave me my first introduction to team flying a few years ago. Hopefully will meet up with you again one day soon and be able to stay for more than a few minutes.

On the topic of the Corolla clinic, I FINALLY was able to confirm a vacation request, add me to the list. I definitely could use some tweaking and tuning.

Come on folks, sign up and come have some fun!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, esinger said:

I'm considering attending this class. I'm sure there's a ton I could learn and it's always fun to hangout with fellow kite flyer at the beach.

Where can I find information about accommodations?

Thanks,
Eric

Sent from my XT1575 using KiteLife mobile app

The people attending are renting a house for the occasion from what I read on the first page of this thread. Contact Lynn Pugh for details -- see earlier posts. Apparently will be less expensive than staying at hotels, and more fun too.

Cool Riffcllown, it'll be good to see you again.  I met you at OBSKC this past year.   With extreme high winds on Saturday, I flew my (vintage) 6ft Flexifoil.   You let me fly your Symphony 2.2.4 and after that I decided, Yep!  I'll have to do this somehow.   I tried to spin the 2.2.4 like a Rev and you said "No, just let one line loss" and after that it spun just like a Rev.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2017 at 11:03 AM, riffclown said:

Back to the Corolla Quad Clinic topic,

I'll be bringing 3 GoPros, 200 finger lites and lots of extra kite related stuff. I hope to organize a night fly one evening and get some cool footage. If anyone wants copies of the footage bring a large thumb drive and I'll gladly share "back at the house"

How large of thumb drive?

2 minutes ago, Lynn Pugh said:

How large of thumb drive?

It honestly depends on how much of the  video you want.  I'd say minimum 8gb but I'll be bringing several 128GB drives myself. For you personally  don't sweat it too much. We're pretty local and can always work something out. Just added 2 more cameras to the mix as well. So that's 5 cameras with 16gb-32gb each.  My limitation is going to be battery, not space.  Hoping to capture as much as possible without it getting in the way of the clinic.

Couple of things that I'm hoping to get good video of. JB dogstaking (kite view),  Night flying with lights,  all around documentation of the event and especially any footage I can get of the last two days. 

• Like 1

Fair question, and I really need to build it into my clinic posts... I very rarely do refunds since this is a small "month to month" kind of business, what comes in goes toward expenses fairly quick.

That being said...

One, I've never canceled a clinic (so far) - even in the face of inclement weather, I'be always found a way to do a good portion of discussion under cover, then flying as needed.

Two, in the worst case I certainly wouldn't have any problem applying a registration fee forward as a credit toward any future clinic or some of our other services (Rev mods, leaders, bridles, raffle tickets and the like).

While that may not be ideal for some, that's the way I have to roll for now.

Happy to answer anything else at all! :)