KiteLife Forum

Corolla Quad Clinic (Apr 8-9, 2017)

John Barresi

So I've started gathering my things for this trip..

So far I have:

lots of kites, lines and accessories
2 boxes of lights for kites
10x10 Canopy for shade
laptop and cameras
Smaller Umbrella style Canopy if the 10'x10' is too much
an open mind and an unreal eagerness to fly. sleep optional...

there will also be a few other items will also be making the trip to keep my promises..

Trying to decide on the Bolero Stack and what Power Kites to bring for after hours and Night Flight..

Hey @John Barresi please bring 1 red, 1 white, 1 gray and 1 black of your 1.5 replacement bridles with you.. I'll pay cash on the spot. :D

What's latest from @Bill Clay? any update??

I realize it still a week out but the forecast has been improving as we get closer..

Forecast Captured from  weather dot com

CorollaNC10dayExcerpt.JPG

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, esinger said:

I'll have to show you all a maneuver I created when I flew team with Terry Murray and two others. It's called the "Mongolian Cluster". Imagine 4 kites coming down in a tangled heap

Sent from my XT1575 using KiteLife mobile app

Pretty sure I've Seen it, (or at least my personal version of it).. I throw stacks remember???  It didn't work a lot of times before I figured out the right way to do it.. I Learned a lot flying Terry's stack.. Boy is he missed...

• Like 1

I spoke to the rental agent for the Corolla rental house.  Everyone needs to bring their own soap and shampoo.  

The check-in time is 4PM.  They know that we will be there late so we need to tell the agent who will pick-up the check-in package and around what time.  We can give the agent a list of names.  I will be there very late.  I am picking JB up at RIC at 9:30PM.  Please let me know your plans and full names that I can give that info to the agent.

Thanks,

Lynn Pugh

757 876-0050

• Like 1

1 hour ago, esinger said:

I'll have to show you all a maneuver I created when I flew team with Terry Murray and two others. It's called the "Mongolian Cluster F@ck". Imagine 4 kites coming down in a tangled heap

Sent from my XT1575 using KiteLife mobile app

Despite me, our team still won.

IMG_20170403_163004.jpg

IMG_20170403_163041.jpg

• Like 1