Property: OS5C, Belle Atlantic
533 Sandbucket Arch, Corolla, NC 27927
Check In: Friday, April 7, 2017
Check Out: Wednesday, April 12, 2017
Check In Location: Duck Office, 1213-C Duck Road, Duck, NC 27949

Bring your own soap and shampoo

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mike Klaiber said:

Whoot whoot, found a place to lay down at the house, now two sessions in a row, hope I can hold out. See y'all there sometime Friday late afternoon. I am also vibrating with anti cip ation over the weekend frivolities

Mike, you're from Bedford, VA?   I have a good friend that once lived there.  His name is James Ervin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Klaiber said:

My wife's family is, do not recognize the name. What type of work was he in?

At the time he was in the Parks and Rec department of Bedford.   He use to make kites and his company was called Blueridge Kites.   I use to live in Martinsville, VA and would travel to Bedford all the time to go fly and help him.  He was one of the team "Out of the Blue" on that trophy I posted.

He's now the City Manager of Rocky Mount

At the time he was in the Parks and Rec department of Bedford.   He use to make kites and his company was called Blueridge Kites.   I use to live in Martinsville, VA and would travel to Bedford all the time to go fly and help him.  He was one of the team "Out of the Blue" on that trophy I posted.
He's now the City Manager of Rocky Mount

I do know the face and have met In the past years ago. I used to work for Roanoke P&R kayaking the new river. There is nothing Kite related going on here now. I started a club and get a little support from Flyers an hour or so away. Got the first Bedford P&R kite fly on 22nd and hope to get club out there to area folks. I fly looking at the D-Day memorial and peaks Of Otter mountain range in my view. Can't beat it!

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app
  • Like 1

Just curious.. Who will be interested in the night fly?

We can do it any evening. I'll supply the lights. You supply the kites and pilot.

And nothing says we only do it once. I'm bringing literally hundreds of lights. We could do a preliminary flight on Friday evening near the house.. Beach access very close.  Anyone???

We can do it any evening. I'll supply the lights. You supply the kites and pilot.
And nothing says we only do it once. I'm bringing literally hundreds of lights. We could do a preliminary flight on Friday evening near the house.. Beach access very close.  Anyone???

I'm in

• Like 1

4 hours ago, riffclown said:

I'll go anywhere the group leads. :)

23 minutes ago, ACrop said:

I'm in. Caution though on the beach, it can be very narrow and obliviots were plentiful where I was staying last summer- even after dark. Never saw so many people with flashlights walking on a beach before staying at Duck NC. But I love an adventure....

Sent from my Nexus 5X using KiteLife mobile app

There's a reason it's called DUCK ;)

• Like 1

I'm definitely in for one or more night fly while there. Or anything else the group wants to try. I'll try most anything at least once. ALMOST anything...  ;)

And yes, the beach down there can be extremely narrow at times. It can sometimes feel like you're flying in a hole. But the forecasts look favorable and fun is what we make it regardless.

If you're looking for a informal place to gather, have a beer and get a good meal, try Fat Crabs Rib Company. It is me all and very informal and in the same shopping center as Flying Smiles. Barbecue and seafood are both good. We stop there every time we go to Corolla.