KiteLife Forum

UK Quad Clinic (Aug 31-Sep 1, 2017)

John Barresi

A clinic with JB will not only improve your skill set, it will change the way you think about kiting as a whole..

I was going to do a write up of the clinic and Saint Anne's kite festival, but I cannot put into words how amazing it all was.
I personally feel it has enriched my life and not just the kiting side, I have taken so much away with me, and so the journey carries on
If anyone has thought about doing a clinic but not done it, just do it! you won't regret it
Much love Jeremy.

Sent from my SM-G903F using KiteLife mobile app

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Big thanks to John B. and to my fellow flyers for making their photo's/ videos available here too.

@JWharton. 

"... but I cannot put into words how amazing it all was.
I personally feel it has enriched my life and not just the kiting side, I have taken so much away with me, and so the journey carries on."

I couldn't have put it better myself mate.  Big Hugs to all.

@Makatakam.

Hi there Makatakam.  Errrm... Yes! :D

And so did this seagull which was hanging around listening to John B. for ages.  It found his explanation of the stitching on the trailing edge absolutely fascinating and even took a step nearer to listen in.

Seagull-clinic.jpg

• Like 2

Finally back in Paris, unwinding...

All of you are simply wonderful!

Believe it or not, I'm actually a somewhat shy introvert when I'm not "hands on" with a subject and I always go through all kinds of nervous mental behavior leading up to a clinic, even after having done around a hundred clinics to date.

What I found Thursday morning were a whole lot of keen, hungry fliers with great energy that not only stimulated me into a great flow state, but you all made tremendous use of the information that tumbled out - quite evident over the four days (clinic and festival).

I'm sure you realize now, the clinics aren't about me or what I have to teach - they're all about the pure, unbiased information that enables each of us to express ourselves competently with the kites of our choice. :)

Well done! :clap;

• Like 2

It has been a pleasure to have met all of you and it has been fantastic.
A quote that I like a lot, and follow me around:

The best things in life, are the people we love.... the places we ´ve been...and the memories we´ve made along the way!

Josh, John - Thank you for a very good and learning rich clinic. And St. anna on the sea - thanks for a lovely kite festival.
It will not be the last time the Vikings well visit St anna.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As an aside for those who stayed for the festival too, please consider visiting their event Facebook page to leave a review - all positive feedback there weighs in toward local support next year! ;)

https://www.facebook.com/St-Annes-international-kite-festival-358965464126262/

• Like 1