KiteLife Forum

UK Quad Clinic (Aug 31-Sep 1, 2017)

John Barresi

Although this quad workshop at St Anne's sold out a while ago, ONE SPOT HAS JUST OPENED UP due to a family illness - we have adjusted the registration form to accommodate one more sign up, it's likely to go fast!

http://kitelife.com/forum/store/product/51-uk-quad-clinic-aug-31-sep-1-2017/

Remember, sign up form doesn't work in special apps - web browsers only.

Hi Les, not long to wait now! The clinic should be great! Out of interest, is it you who has a Dark Side of the Moon quad? if so, I would love to see it. Had wondered about trying to make something similar myself (zero kite making skills at present). See you next week. Sarah

Sent from my E6653 using KiteLife mobile app

15ft is a bit long for my taste but it does seem to be the standard sold length - my preference runs closer to 10', mostly having to do with common available overhead and the direct connect between me and my kite.

10' and 15' will be just fine, easy enough to nip and tuck on the fly if you need to during the meet. ;)

John, I have a 10ft and a 15ft lineset for my indoor rev. Is it worth me making up any different length ones for St Anne's please? What would you recommend? I am totally new to indoor kites. Thanks.

Sent from my E6653 using KiteLife mobile app

I've not done any indoor either, sure to put a smile on faces.

Yey only a week and a bit to go!

Sent from my SM-G903F using KiteLife mobile app

ADVISORY: Clinic will be held on the North side of the pier, start is 10am sharp tomorrow morning - don't be late, and please spread the word with your classmates just to be sure everyone knows. Thank you, gonna be a wicked learn fest for all, me too! 👍🏻

Had a great visit with the early birds this evening - may be some rain tomorrow but we can do the 101 undercover, presumably under some part of the pier?

Remember, it's all about comfort - if you've got the gear, use it, bring some tea or other feel goods, whatever promotes your flow - we'll look after ourselves and dig into what is available, won't be any shortage of juicy topics and maybe, just maybe we can grin that weather right around us. ;)

• Like 2

Thank you John, thank you Josh, thank you all for awesome clinic. What a nice group of people

Learned a lot: flic flacs, axels, dog stake, indoor, an 18 person team fly :D:D and those little details that can make such big differences when you fly your kite. Enough to keep myself busy the next period of time

Thanks again. Fly well B)

Sander

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1