KiteLife Forum

The Terry Murray Stack

photomom

I can't believe it's been six months since I've done much posting.  Things got crazy here and I've got a lot of catching up to do.  So the first thing is I have flown my "new-to-me" stack.  It is a Rev stack that belonged to Terry Murray.  Most of you in the Eastern League and the central East Coast knew Terry and remember him fondly.  I feel so privileged to have a little of Terry with me in this stack.

large.IMG_0131.JPGlarge.IMG_0127.JPG 

• Like 5

You know you are a kite nut when you name your kites for various reasons.  This topic has inspired me to name my SLE stack.  It will be the "RD III Stack", the three because it's the number kites I've gathered to assemble together.  They are all significant in there own way & look like they belong together.  Besides, RD III are my initials.  I have no middle name.   SHBKF 

26 minutes ago, SHBKF said:

You know you are a kite nut when you name your kites for various reasons.  This topic has inspired me to name my SLE stack.  It will be the "RD III Stack", the three because it's the number kites I've gathered to assemble together.  They are all significant in there own way & look like they belong together.  Besides, RD III are my initials.  I have no middle name.   SHBKF 

I hereby dub thee with the middle name "Adam". Now you may call it the RAD lll.

I was really shocked to find out Terry past away. I was going to let him know that I was coming to OBSKC this past October. I knew him from back when we both started getting in to kites.

I have few things from him. Quad handles and golf ball stakes he made. A MEFM he flew. I traded him my Rev 1 for that kite.

Is Phil Napier still around? I last saw both Terry and him at the Blue Ridge kite festival in Salem, VA a few years back.

Sent from my XT1575 using KiteLife mobile app