Mikelp3586    117

Has anyone flown or own a challenger yet? this looks to be a well constructed kite and has been catching my eye for quite a while. Any input would be great. Thanks guys!

challenger_cool.jpg

kitedad    48

My boy had a chance to fly one at the ocean shores festival a few weeks ago and liked it quite a bit, granted he is not a pro flyer but how many out there are? He liked it primarily because it doesn't pull much, compared to his 2.5 silver fox std.  He says its not as "floppy" as his atm but floppyier" than his new wmprosul.  Thing for me is the widowmaker pro will retain its value better than the challenger in the long run. What happens if you break a rod in the challenger, skyshark is widly available but the rods in the challenger could be more of a problem.  There were others at the festival who had one and they all seemed to say good things about it. still, some wanted to tweak it here and there. Decisions, decisions,.The silver fox could become his backup std.

• Like 1

Wayne Dowler    1,464

Andy can take care of any repairs needed on the kite.

• Like 1

kitedad    48

Another thing we noticed about this kite is that it flew in about the same wind speed his atm sul fly's in, starting around 3-4 mph, pretty light wind for a std. It was slow and lazy but it flew and my boy doesn't have a lot of low wind experience with heavier kites. We are thinking about getting one to take the place of the atm and the std silver fox. keeping the atm just because and use the fox for a backup std. I think It will help some not having to change kites quite as much. btw, you going to greyland? if so we'll see you there.