KiteLife Forum

Feeling Frustrated

photomom

March is definitely coming in like a lion.  A very upsetting lion weather-wise.  All of our community kite flies this month have been canceled due to poor weather conditions.  And I was out-of-town for the last couple of good days in February.  So since Kitemania in Florida, I gues I've haven't flown more than twice.  Please, please let April be better.

On another note, is anyone here going to the Blue Ridge Kite Festival in Salem, VA next month?  It's the next one on our calendar.

• Like 3

Just a little something to cheer you up. I haven't flown since November -- don't do cold, don't travel much. Probably won't get out until April. As they say, "count your blessings".

P.S. -- There is a "rant" topic somewhere on the forum somewhere around here which encourages creative complaint. Look around, it could be fun and take your mind off the weather.

• Like 1

Was planning to fly today but the snow coming down discouraged me. I was fortunate to get some nice kite time in Feb but only once on a day I could fly with friends... Hopefully the weather will break and you'll get some practice time or flying time..

Your event at Atlantic Beach was the farthest I've traveled for a kiting event.

So, considering the topic ("Feeling Frustrated"), if I frustrate someone - I'm not off topic? :devil:

1 hour ago, makatakam said:

I haven't flown since November

I've been out kiting:

• 4th of Dec
  • 13th of Dec
  • 31st of Dec
  • 6th of Jan
  • 22nd of Jan
  • 28th of Jan
  • 29th of Jan
  • 5th of Feb
  • 12th of Feb
  • 19th of Feb
  • 25th of Feb
  • 28th of Feb
  • 1st of Mar
  • 2nd of Mar
  • 7th of Mar
  • 8th of Mar
  • 12th of Mar
  • 16th of Mar
  • 19th of Mar

I.e. 19 times from and including December. The main reason why you don't get kite time is that you don't get out to kite (Reminds me of my favorite excuse for being late: "I'm late because I left home late." - Yes, this a bit socially masochistic, but very honest.)

You may now go on feeling frustrated! :)

• Like 3

I fly in crap weather and kites are made for me to be abused, yesterday started with snowy rain, but the afternoon was windy and almost 50 degrees.

john will enjoy blue ridge, it challenging, flying in bowl, but spectators make it worthwhile. Definitely an SUL location

1 hour ago, Wayne Dowler said:

Since I wear glasses - I dislike the rain! No fun looking through streaks. Real cold is no fun either! Since I have an indoor place 5 days a week available, I get my flying fix pretty regularly. Not so weekend dependent!!

ENVY on that indoor location Wayne!

• Like 3

I know a guy that has a key ..........!!!

Been using it for almost 5 full years now. I have a great relationship with the owner and manager. Except for some college classes on Tuesday and Thursday in the afternoons, I can use it whenever not in use. No nights or weekends though, soccer games from sunup to midnight, although if they don't stay in business, where do I go??

PS: that's me with the blue indoor Rev, black and gray shirt. This was taken at an interview for indoor flying by a local TV host as part of his - things to do show - Grant's Getaways. Pretty short notice, but we had a good cross section of men, women, boys, old, and young , pretty much a representation of who can do this!

• Like 3

I haven't been out as much as I would like, only got one snow fly this year so far. The wind has been terrible so far in March here (much the same as yours). I might have flown a dozen times so far in 2017, but those nice days that you missed in February ? Sublime. I took the kids to the beach on one of those nice February days, temps in the 60's, but could've done with a little nicer wind. Offshore & 20mph wasn't the greatest, but it was still a great day @ the beach !

• Like 4

Was close to Freezing when I got the recent video of my Mesh #3.. My wife has nicknamed that kite Mittens because she wished she'd brought her mittens to wear while recording it.. As stated, I'll fly in cold.. I've buggied in near freezing conditions.. I just don't like getting the kites wet.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, FranckPG said:

First time flying in the snow was total serenity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Grateful Dead is a perfect match for the video... Love it !

I'll see your snow video...

I did that one last year, didn't get any snow footage yet this year... yet.

• Like 3