KiteLife Forum

Feeling Frustrated

photomom

We have 45*-55* temps for the next two days, but a good chance of rain for the both. Sunday looks like a wash, and temps back down around 40* & heavy rain.

So, even though the temps were around 35* today, the sun was bright, winds around 15mph and fading. I got out the full-vent on my way home from work, and gave it a little air. I didn't forget how to fly, but as the sun set, the winds calmed down almost to the point that the full-vent was having a hard time staying in the air. That was OK, 40 minutes was enough of a taste...

Kite flying is a life lesson in patience, and when the wind & weather is good, all the harsh sessions are forgotten & you just have to bask in the glory of 'the perfect day' !

• Like 4

We have 45*-55* temps for the next two days, but a good chance of rain for the both. Sunday looks like a wash, and temps back down around 40* & heavy rain.
So, even though the temps were around 35* today, the sun was bright, winds around 15mph and fading. I got out the full-vent on my way home from work, and gave it a little air. I didn't forget how to fly, but as the sun set, the winds calmed down almost to the point that the full-vent was having a hard time staying in the air. That was OK, 40 minutes was enough of a taste...
Kite flying is a life lesson in patience, and when the wind & weather is good, all the harsh sessions are forgotten & you just have to bask in the glory of 'the perfect day' !

Very good speech: life lesson in patience. The kite flier is like the sailor, you can choose the best sail for the wind but the weather always have the last word.

Thierry Bressure

• Like 4

2 hours ago, John Barresi said:

We can't control the wind, but we can trim the sails. :)

Sorry, wrong. I can control the wind. When I don't want it blowing, I go indoors. Presto, no wind. To have wind, I go back outside. If there is no wind outside, I go somewhere else where there is. Costs a lot sometimes, but it's doable.:D

• Like 3

On 3/27/2017 at 2:22 PM, John Barresi said:

I tend to think more in terms of physical movement + or - to "influence" the wind, or rather adjust my relative perspective on the wind itself. 

But of course, I'm a sucker for punishment. :)

I like to fly sitting down.

• Like 1