KiteLife Forum

Team KiteLife Logo Contest

17 minutes ago, ACrop said:

Does anyone know why the "no kites" request on this logo thing? Is it because of the transition away from specific companies?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using KiteLife mobile app

That makes good sense.. Maybe it's also that they use different platforms (Duals, Quads, indoor etc..)

• Like 1

This looks like proof that the Egyptians flew kites ok no teams- both in life and in the afterlife. I like the clear imagery of it.

Darn you April, now I have a version of The Bangles song running through my head. "Kite like an Egyptian"

On 4/29/2017 at 8:35 AM, riffclown said:

OK, single Color, and I have it in layers as well so I can tweak the font and positions of each as you see fit..

TKL-Sil.jpgTKL-SilNEG.jpg

I've following intently although I've been quiet, pretty busy at the moment. :)

I JUST saw the "big picture" in your art @riffclown, a little too abstract for this use but super cool!!

• Like 2

I have been wondering if you could get/make letters for a word using the quad and dual style handles to make the parts of the letters. The quad handles have a nice bend to utilize, and dual handles could be manipulated to be straight or round or bent as needed.

On 4/28/2017 at 0:59 PM, John Barresi said:

IMG_7986.JPG

Note the very "sporty" attitude of this silhouette, slightly more leaned back, little clothing details in the edges...

That's what we're looking for, kind of "rough" or "lifelike", not quite a plain "cut out".

The trick is to get 4 of those that all look a little different, with NO HATS.

While my silhouette is fairly iconic, I'd feel better if all 4 were less identifiable.

On 4/30/2017 at 1:47 PM, esinger said:

Logo Submission.jpg

Kite lines, if we end up using them, may look better "behind" the next pilot (slight space to break up the lines so there is no true "overlap")... 

Also a reminder, TKL is the central title (I'll add full team name or URL myself, underneath).

My apologies guys, we've got some good individual features going so far but nothing that has really "popped" for me as an complete concept.

Recap of the individual details, although I don't have much idea yet about how to tie it all together:

• Steeper, "harder working" silhouettes with no hats
  • Any kite lines should not overlap other components
  • Using TKL for the heart of this instead of "Team KiteLife", etc
  • 2-3 color max (possibly favoring black and blue, and yellow or grey)
  • Iconic simplicity (Apple, FedEx, Amazon, WalMart, Visa, etc)

images.png fedex.png images-1.png
walmart.png visa.png

One of the hard parts is keeping detail (lines, angles, pieces, etc) down to a minimum for ease of reproduction in every possible medium from business cards to apparel, cut out vinyl stickers to cloisonné pins.

I realize all of that may not provide much momentum, but not for lack of effort on everyone's part. :)

Feedback?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bbailey49 said:

Do you have an example of a gritty, graffiti iconic logo to give us an example? All of the ones you showed are clean and precise

Maybe not quite "graffiti", but more like the MLB style image... No logo examples come to mind.

1 minute ago, photomom said:

Put this together as a quick idea tonight.  I thought hands only would be a cleaner look.  Can add letters and re-arrange the hands later if you like it.

KiteHands.jpg

Fair idea Karen, but I'm still partial to bodies and / or stylized kite shapes.