KiteLife Forum

Rev 1- 2 wraps frame or Sky Shark II or 2 wraps 1.5 04/08 extended

Edmond Dragut

Choice of 2 wraps or Sky Shark II frame for Rev 1 or  2 wraps EXP, 1.5, B-series, B-series Pro

58d9823644699_IMG_1049ABC.thumb.jpg.0af95f264a187d8143a4335b8b88514a.jpg58d982379fea9_IMG_1045ABC.thumb.jpg.f769867e94b430c13867f2f68a368768.jpg58d982397bb36_IMG_1046ABC.thumb.jpg.77d983103fcfb4f5c865ae0570001456.jpg

Read the rules below, reply with "I'm in" to enter!

Standard Karma Note from the Moderators

This is a Karma Drawing. The winner of the drawing is expected to pay it forward by offering their own prize for the next drawing. Please do not enter unless you are willing to offer your own prize, preferably not the prize you just won. Drawings should be open for entry approximately 2 weeks, and the next drawing should be posted as soon as possible to keep the Karma rolling.

These drawings are run by and for KiteLife forum members and DO NOT require a paid subscription to enter. The moderating team only ensures that your drawing post contains all of the pertinent information (drawing date/time, adequate prize description, drawing rules) before approval.

If you are a KiteLife forum member from the US or Canada, you are eligible to enter. You do not have to be a paid subscriber. Members from Canada, Alaska, and Hawaii are welcome to enter the Karma drawings provided they are willing to pay half of the Karma prize shipping cost.

The method and timing of the payment will be agreed upon between the two parties after the drawing for a particular prize.

Here is the link to the original Rules and Guidelines thread: http://kitelife.com/forum/topic/5426-rules-and-guidelines-please-read/

The mechanism for the drawing itself is entirely at the discretion of the person offering the prize. In the past, entry number has been determined either by order of entry or by the post number in which the member declares entry into the drawing. The drawings have been performed using the RNG method (http://www.random.org/sequences/) or by choosing the numbers out of a hat (I believe an adorable daughter did the picking in that scenario). The only requirement is that the method of selection is clearly spelled out in the drawing post.

Entry into the drawings is done by STARTING a post in the drawing thread with the entry phrase chosen by the drawing host (Traditionally "I'm in", but "I LIKE" has been used as well). In order to remove any confusion or misinterpretation, only entries with posts that START with the phrase will be considered. As with all other KiteLife drawings, bantering is encouraged. This is for fun after all.

• Like 1

• John Barresi featured, locked, unlocked and pinned this topic

Looks like Apr 3, today.

Definitely not an issue of prize value, not sure if Rev I's just aren't drawing that much attention for extra parts?

The Skyshark rods themselves are most of a dual line frame at very worst. :)

I'm in!

Can we do a party of one?

• Like 2

I would join but I have done a few karma drawings in a short amount of time and haven't had much time to enlarge my stock pile from other avenues yet. Summer is coming at a lot of the kite fliers will hopefully be coming out of the wood work soon.

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

there are Shy Shark II late generation. I buy then from kites & fun things couple months ago for a Rev 1 stack. Are the rods used by Jon Trennepohl and Carl Robertshaw for the new Fulcrum Quad kite exactly how JB assumed.

if the problem is dimension at 2 wraps meaning  36' for Rev 1 i will change the frame to 32' for a EXP,1.5,B-series,B-series Pro

• Like 1

I'm "in"

I'm interested in the Rev1 two wraps size,... I've never tried 'em in my Zen.  I'd probably cut down to a travel frame size and mix with diamonds/or 3 wraps for a hybrid solution (that fits into the Orvis case used as a kite bag)

• Like 2

i assume JB will agree to extend this another couple of days. to make the harma more appealing i will keep the original Rev1 frame desired by Paul and already trow in 2 wrap frame for EXP, 1.5, B-series and B-series Pro.

P.S. FYI Paul i use a 2 wraps frame on Zen and that is open a bigger wind range.if usually at 3-4 MPH Zen is to much under stress with original frame, 2 wraps is let you fly without to much pull til 7-8 MPH 

5 hours ago, Edmond Dragut said:

i assume JB will agree to extend this another couple of days. to make the harma more appealing i will keep the original Rev1 frame desired by Paul and already trow in 2 wrap frame for EXP, 1.5, B-series and B-series Pro.

P.S. FYI Paul i use a 2 wraps frame on Zen and that is open a bigger wind range.if usually at 3-4 MPH Zen is to much under stress with original frame, 2 wraps is let you fly without to much pull til 7-8 MPH 

Ha, I use my 3 Zens until most folks have switched over to mid-vents.  Mine isn't squirrelly at all to double digits wind speed, in fact it simply superior until I need to put it away.  I run magic sticks and a French bridle so it's reinforced like the wings of bi-plane, with struts and strings everywhere!  Rev won't make more diamond frames for the Rev1 size.  I had to return 26 Diamond Zen tubes last year because they were made the wrong size.  Factory said they were going in a new direction so they sent me a Reflex instead of a refund.  I need a new solution as I do break sticks in these wings and so do my hard flailin' friends.

That significant pull is what folks can latch onto when learning how a quad actually works though, immediate gratification too as it is instantly powered up, even from dramatic slack lining.

Sweet!

Skyshark please, no length change needed. :)

Timing is tricky as I'm away from home until Apr 17 so I can't physically go through my goodie drawers - please be patient for a day or two and I'll try to post up a new drawing by Monday night at the latest.

Congratulations, John. Tough one, but you prevailed. Glad you chose the Skysharks. Next time I see Ed I will trade him something for the Rev 1 or the 2-wraps. I can use both, but really don't have much to offer for the Karma right now. Hopefully, that will change.