KiteLife Forum

Getting an itchy trigger finger. the widows are after me.

kitedad

Cool dude, that's what I wanted to hear. The lady at kites and fun things, I don't recall the name, I spoke to here briefly about the kite on Saturday and she mentioned your name and said to give you a holler. I'm sure it will do well, I was wondering though if its a noisy kite like the ng or quiet, I like the quiet ones, my boy seems to like the noisy ones. I can find out when I call the shop back if you don't get back to me so no biggie. Will have to order in the next few days so it can be ready by the ocean shores kite fest in June as it well have to be made from scratch. none of the sul's in stock. Thanks vey much for the reply. We watched you and your teammates fly last year at wsikf and it was a real inspiration  for my boy. amazing work. Btw, do you still have the blue sportbrella? I saw an old post about that and had to reply, check it out, you may find it interesting.

Yes, that's what Marieanne said today over the phone. I wanted to place my order tonight but the website wont let me because the sul is out of stock, I will have to call them tomorrow. I know it will take 3-4 weeks but if it comes before the ocean shores fest, Colton will be very happy. He hasn't broken his airwave zero yet so I feel pretty good about the investment. He had fun choosing his own color pattern. The zero has saved the show for us because of light winds quite a few times already, not only at kite shows but there are a lot of windless to very light wind days near here. I wanted a full size kite instead of the zero but at the time, no widowmakers were available anywhere. I wasn't sure if skyburner would get back in the game or not. Glad to see they are. Should be fair sky's ahead. He's pumped up now to fly, searching through lot of music to find new stuff to fly with. He found the new version of Behind blue eyes by limp Bizkit, may try that out for a ballet. Thanks for taking the time to reply,  it was useful info, I didn't know if the kite had a leech line or not as the ng doesn't have one.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It's finally gonna be here tomorrow, a month and a half wait. Maybe we'll take some pics to show, it was made to order with custom colors since none were in stock. Could have used it today as there wasn't much wind at all at the park.

• Like 4

wow, what a Dream, flew like an angle, floated like a feather, turns on a dime, but flies a straight line like it on rr tracks. all this in 1-2 mph winds if you could call it wind. barely enough to feel it on your face. With very little effort. fun fun fun kite in low wind. Pics coming later. No tricking yet though, I won't let him till he has more time on it.

here's a pic. That's my boy with the kite, his kite. he almost pulled off his first ever 360 on the first launch. It went about 3\4 the way around but the wind caught it a little and he lost it at the end

DSCF0309.JPG

• Like 5