KiteLife Forum

Greetings everyone

PatrickR

Hi everyone,

Just joined and wanted to introduce myself.  I've been out of the kiting for some time now and am back in SoCal.  It feels so good to be out flying again.  Some of my kites need repairs (rods, the nylon is all good) and others are as solid as ever.  I need to upgrade/replace some lines and am currently poking around to see where to go for the best source.  I actually have kevlar lines in my bags, along with the Spectra ones.  Looking forward to opening up the Quadrifoils and jump in the buggy again.

I also have a 100% completely unused Neos Omega.  I remember when I got it I knew it was special because the name was changing.   I had a Rev and a Rev II which I parted with years ago, but the Neos stayed in my bag.  I forgot how impressive it looks opened up.  I'm debating on if I should fly it, or keep it pristine.   One thing that I lost over the years was the wood-carved line winder.  It would be cool if I still had that.  Oh well.

I'm looking forward to seeing what's new in the kite / quad world.

Patrick

• Like 2

Glad you're out painting the sky again. I just happen to have one of those old wooden winders. It's a little nicked up, the stretch on wrap is a little worse for wear, and the velcro is beat up too ... But it's yours if you want it. Just send a pm and i'll send to you. Call it a welcome back gift!1494088048166.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Ditch the Kevlar unless you are 100% sure you will be flying alone! Stuff is brutal around any other line and will cut people down! Use LPG or Skybond or Shanti Speed for them instead! Good lines, a bit expensive, but if you cut someone down using that Kevlar, you will know how the other guy feels!