KiteLife Forum

Help Diamond Rod needed

Nigel Holder

Hello all,

your help is greatly needed. Today I was flying OPK and broke my first spar. Unfortunately it was not mine and I would like to replace it I was told after it was a diamond rod and that they are discontinued . My question is does anyone out there have a spear Diamond rod and would not mind parting with it?

Please and thank you

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using KiteLife mobile app

Ignore his request folks, remember to carry it forward when things happen to you. If I didn't want anything broken, the kite shouldn't have been set-up at all or shared with friends.  No/low wind means delicate framing and his smile at flight success in these demanding conditions was worth that spar's life!

nigel, it is okay, you will fly out of my kite bag anytime until you are not the weakest flier on the field,..... someday you'll be the one helping others w equipment and lessons too.

• Like 6

Yes Sir. But you must allow me the opportunity to correct the situation. I understand it is not needed, expected or required to replace the rod. But I live by the motto when you borrow something return it as good or better than you receive it . So I ask that you allow me the opportunity to rectify the situation.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using KiteLife mobile app

Pay it forward buddy, I broke Ron gaziano's kite moments before his indoor performance, bob lauder broke ashworth's while Dave was in line to be judged as a builder at Smithsonian! You smile and wave it off.  I understand your anguish but know we have all done this, felt bad and been released from obligation.  Someday you'll be the guy with a hole in the sail, or a busted spar, severed lines and a huge tangled mess, just remember how it is handled.

everything is the flyer's fault!

if it is so valuable, then why was it out in the sun/weather, shared, not flown respectfully or put away immediately after use!?

nigel, you were relieved of any obligation when you were offered that sail.  Made by Steve Polanski, painted by his bride, given away? Yeah it is the way of a family, he passed out half a dozen of em at WISKF the year I went.  It's a single skin, framed light, super responsive, you saw a squirrel and now it is busted.  Who breaks a down spar thats a travel frame!?  I've probably go another half already buddy.  The issue is closed, see ya next time.

oh, one more story,.... my dear friend Harold Ames, one first Sunday, he broke my 1,000# carrying wagon, and three sport kites. We still laugh about that ten years later, that guy is hard on a wedding ring!  He GAVE my wife 14 mini-roks (battle in a bag) and she already had the only other set.  We help each other,

• Like 3