KiteLife Forum

Welcome happysuperbutton

Hello @happysuperbutton,

Welcome to KiteLife®!

Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Need to tweak settings?

Edit your profile here - View Member
Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/

Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for...

Member Chat
Member Map
KL Shop

And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life! ;)

Hi Kitelifers 

Hoping to meet someone or some folks around me (Berkeley's group is too far) to learn from and also fly with.

I come from flying RC stuff like Paraglider and fixed wings and other gliders. Also have now outgrown my single line Prism Bora.

Now looking to get into quad kiting and already setting my eyes on a Rev kite.

Almost ready to drop on a EXP Rx but actually noting that the kite I would be happier with is the Classic 1.5. I don't mind a learning curve but money is an object for me so I can't get more than 1 kite yet.

Close an eye on my kite naming here, just following the new naming conventions that is available to me as a new comer to the sport. I am aware of the Rev history, and have already been doing a fair amount of research and reading on Rev and quad kiting a like. As much as I'd like to purchase an older B series, my current financial situation doesn't allow me the luxury of a premium I'd have to out down on a "now collector's edition". So whatever is available currently on the Rev site is what I will discuss and go with.

Hope to make some new friends and to fly soon. Summer is here!

Thanks all!

• Like 1

Hi from the Chicago area, and welcome to the forum.

Keep a close eye on eBay. Used Revs show up quite often, and if you spot one that you like, post up here and we'll let you know if it's worth buying. This way, if you buy used, you can keep the cost down to something comfortable, and you won't feel guilty about beating on it. Learning to fly quads will usually put some wear on the kite. Also keep an eye on the kites for sale topic on this forum. There will be some available sooner or later. Don't be in too much of a rush to buy. There are flyers in your area who will be happy to let you try theirs, and advise you on which will be best for the winds in your neck of the woods. Tons of flyers up and down the West coast. Some of the people you meet may have used equipment they can sell, and you can see what you're purchasing up close and personal.

Pretty much everyone here will recommend to "try before you buy". 

Good luck. Have fun, smile, and don't forget to breathe.

• Like 1