KiteLife Forum

Anyone on the Oregon coast?

ACrop

Unless schedules change, several should be in that area on Saturday. Exactly where I'm not sure, but I think they go just north a bit from the turn around (main beach), to avoid the crowds. I'll see if I can get clearer info and get you all together.

Slightly on the north end of town - look for Manhattan Beach State Park. People should be there around noon til ?? Looks to be anywhere from 4-6 people coming! 

• Like 1

I am in Oregon now until Tuesday in the Rockaway beach area...anyone else out here on the coast flying quads? I am having plenty of fun solo, but if anyone wants to fly I would enjoy making new friends.emoji3.png

http://oregonstateparks.org/index.cfm?do=parkPage.dsp_parkPage&parkId=138

My name is Terry and my wife Sandy and 2-4 of or quad friends will be at Manhattan beach on Sat about noon-until... The beach is just North of town, turn left at the sign, over the tracks and an immediate left into the parking area. There is a trail through the dunes right beside rest rooms on the North end of the parking lot. ..More then welcome to join in. you can FB message me direct if you want,, Terry Rowley

All fly quads with a few different skill levels....and everyone is super nice.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

ACrop, Thanks for the fun fly, good wind, sun and plenty of beach made for a great day. We hope it worked out that your family got to see some whales, and fireworks. It was nice meeting you and we hope you had safe travels back home. Terry & Sandy

• Like 3

Thanks to y'all for including me. I had a great time, made a highlight in a great trip.

Guess my kites though it was enough for the day though...they and the wind refused to cooperate for a night fly for my kids. Got only a wet sand covered kite for my efforts. The one time that the stars were out there was no wind.

We did see whales at Depoe bay on Monday. We had barely parked the car before I saw a whale spouting. We watched them for hours in the bay. We also enjoyed the Estacada Timber fest on the 4th near Portland. We came home with a 2'round slice of log from that one...great fun hauling in the airport. A conversation starter for sure.

It was a great trip for all. Thanks Oregon and friends. We will be back...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using KiteLife mobile app

• Like 4