KiteLife Forum

Welcome MORG59

Hello @MORG59,

Welcome to KiteLife®!

Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Need to tweak settings?

Edit your profile here - View Member
Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/

Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for...

Member Chat
Member Map
KL Shop

And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life! ;)

Thank you for the welcome.

I will give a little introduction.  I stumbled into a store that sold sport kites a few months ago. I ended up purchasing a Prism Nexus. I tried on several occasions to fly it and did not have much luck. The wind was too inconsistent and I could not keep it in the air for more than 15 seconds.  We went on a weekend getaway to the Oregon coast a few weeks later and I took the kite with me. I had a blast. It was lots of fun learning to fly it when there was actually wind to help. After one full day flying on the beach, I looked up a kite store nearby and ended up purchasing a Prism Synapse 2oo.  Took that to the beach and it was much easier to fly.  Needless to say I had a ball. After a few days I returned to my home in Utah. I again tried to take out my kites to a local park and was frustrated. So I purchased a Prism 4-D to help with the lighter winds. With that kite I get to fly a little more often but there are still many days I can not keep it up.  I read about using 20' lines so I cut my lines on the 4-D down and gave that a whirl. It was very hard to control on that short of lines so now I am going to try to get a new set longer set.  Just a few days ago in local classifieds I managed to snag a Prism Hypnotist for only $35 and have yet to take that out. I am fully addicted and have been looking at the Revolution kites but I thing I would like to learn to fly my current ones first.

• Like 2

Hi, Morg, and welcome to the forum. I look forward to sharing a field with you someday.

Duals are fun. Quads are fun. Single line kites are fun. Fun is why we fly. Varying wind conditions is why we all have more than one kite in our bags. No matter what the wind decides to do, we intend to have fun, and most times we succeed. There is no one-size-fits-all kite or lines or handles. As you gain experience you will be able to fly in a wider range of conditions using the same kite, but will probably have another in your bag that is more suitable. 

Good luck on your kite journey. Have fun, smile, and don't forget to breathe.

• Like 1