JaseRicco

Prism Quantum

JaseRicco    68

Love this kite. Couldn't have asked for anything more. Great price point, awesome quality, meticulous detail, beautiful kite and a smooth flyer. Thoroughly enjoy flying it every chance I get.

597b38dd7b79c_QuantumSEB-DayGift.thumb.jpg.9cdf49f3ec181110c38c64ba1612c4fb.jpg

JaseRicco    68
14 minutes ago, Edmond Dragut said:

Great kite with proper lines and right bridle setup 

Still learning about lines and bridle setup. Not sure the differences each make yet.

Wayne Dowler    1,430

Experiment until it feels right to you. May only be a little tweak here, an adjustment there, but it will affect how the sail responds in certain conditions! But try one thing at a time so you know what changes you like! Don't throw 3 changes out there and then wonder which one had a positive or negative effect! 

Exult    232

All adjustments in small steps starting from the factory setting (hopefully well marked - verify!):

• If you have difficulties in a bit harder wind to stall the kite, i.e. you need to run much with the wind to stall it - nose back from you.
  • If you in lighter wind have problems keeping it in the air - nose towards you. Side effect: slow turns, but you can't have it all. (people might say (I think) that they don't want to do this adjustment so much because of the reduced feel through the lines, but I can't relate to it or advice in that case).
  • If the wind is very high and you want to reduce pull from the (large?) kite - nose towards you (also). You have essentially given up stalling the kite in this case except for possibly at the edge of the wind window.

These adjustments work on any (?) DLK. Must also confess that I've never seen a (real) Quantum.

quantum bridle have 3 marked setups for light, medium and hard winds and they are making a big difference in how the kite is acting and pulling. On mi wife Quantum the bridle is on medium and because she is not do to many tricks is happy with but couple weeks back on to a 18 MPH winds she break a set of 90 LBS lines. 

JaseRicco    68
2 hours ago, Edmond Dragut said:

quantum bridle have 3 marked setups for light, medium and hard winds...couple weeks back on to a 18 MPH winds she break a set of 90 LBS lines. 

My Quantum doesn't have three settings. I have two little tags, if you will, one that says light and one that says strong. I guess in the middle would be for medium, but I would consider this just to be factory setting. I can't tell much of a difference when I adjust these. Mine also came with 150# lines, and only drop to 90# if the winds are on the lighter side, 8-10mph. 

makatakam    1,470

Moving the bridle adjustment toward the heavy/strong wind setting makes the kite less stable and easier to stall..........so if you're trying to learn to stall it and slide across the window, the easier it will be. There's a limit, though. Move it too far and it will become difficult to keep the kite airborne. A compromise, just like everything else about kites.