I am back to receive some more enlightenment XD

I would like your honest opinion about a potential next buy: the flyingwings silverfox 2.3 or the premier widow ng? 

• Like 1

How soon do you need the new kite by? If you're willing to wait a few months I'd recommend the upcoming version of the Silver Fox being redesigned by Lam Hoac (a boutique kite maker that creates high-end kites). Flying Wings hired Lam Hoac to redesign the Silver Fox so you'd be getting an amazing kite for about half the price boutique kites normally sell for (under $200).

Here's a video of Lam Hoac flying a prototype version of the kite:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fluke said:

that's great i had no idea :D

is there a thread where i can follow its progress?

Not that I'm aware of. It is possible to contact Lam Hoac directly via email. Search for Sky Sport Design if you'd like to see his site which has his contact info posted.

On September 19, 2017 at 1:55 AM, Fluke said:

I am back to receive some more enlightenment XD

I would like your honest opinion about a potential next buy: the flyingwings silverfox 2.3 or the premier widow ng? 

I flew with a guy recently that had multiple silver foxes and some other very nice kites but was selling the premier widow as he was not too fond of it. I flew the silver fox a bit and it seemed like a nice kite.

• Like 1

i actually like the widow ng design but the new silverfox seems nice too. i saw a post where they say it may be available in oct/nov. If true that's great timing

still interested in views for the widow vs silverfox 2.3 vs 2.5 though

A pair of handles without a kite looks very incomplete, but yet ready for use. I assume that it increases the joyful agony of kite waiting. I have only tried either wrist or finger straps, yours look like some combo. Would you mind sharing what you think of them after some time using them (compared to other straps if possible)? And finally but not least - which kite did you go with (and no haven't tried any of the abovementioned candidates)? Is it so instead that the image hold any clues, Freilein, Spider kites...?

• Like 1

Yep it's a finger/wrist strap combo. I have a very limited experience but its lighter than my prism equalizer straps. looks like it's made of the same material as keychain neck straps and is actually very well made. 

As for the kite, i went for a silverfox 2.3 pro B) but i must admit i looked at freilein a bit and they do look interesting whether be their qlk or dlk

oh and i also bought a small hengda stuntkite and a few cheap slks

funnily enough i've found out that the slk (which i anchored on the field) along with the tailed stuntkites are the one that draws crowds

here's a small video of my latest kiting session with a friend of mine. I'm with the red hat with green kite

Edit: Sudden realization - i am becoming a kite hoarder....

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Video Tutorials

• Site Sponsors

• Similar Content

• By Goddess
      Hello!
      I am looking for a first dual line kite.  I have no experience, but could always get those those old plastic grocery store kites to do loops, etc.  
      I've been looking a bit and I thought that Prism Nexus looked like something that could take me from beginner into entry-level intermediate.  After reading on the forums, I'm not so sure.
      I'm in the Midwest in the USA, so wind can be a problem, but there's lots of open space in which to fly!
      Looking for thoughts, recommendations, and maybe even someone who has a great used beginner kite for sale!  I appreciate any advice and direction you're willing to provide!
    • By jasonmcmahon76
      Hello! 
      My name is Jason, I am from Melbourne Australia.
      I was recently introduced to a 2 line stunt kite by my brother in law, and I was hooked!   I did some research online and am now the proud owner of a Prism Quantum and a 75 foot tube tail.
      I have had a few outings with it already, and I am sure you are probably not surprised to learn that I am already waiting on replacement center T as a result of some high speed soil samples.
      So in the meantime I was hoping for some advice and suggestions!
      What would you consider "must have" accessories? Is there a list of stunts or some sort of order that I should start learning them in? Good online resources for said stunts? (other than this one!) General tips and tricks for total noobs? Relating to the Quantum: Any suggested mods, tips or tricks? What parts are most prone to breaking? Thank you in advance!
      Jason.
    • By John Barresi
      *****EVENT CANCELED*****
      This workshop is specifically tailored for first time, beginner and intermediate quad fliers who want to try their hand at team flying - if you're able to launch, hold a basic upright hover for a few seconds, fly a little left, a little a right and back down to the ground (land), you're ready for this class!

It is strongly suggested that you have attend (or have attended) one of our past Quad Clinics or Rev 101 sessions, as there is key equipment knowledge (set up, etc) that really should precede team flying.

Fliers MUST bring 120 ft lines to participate, as team flying requires everyone to be on matching length lines.

Registration is $175 per person ($150 for KiteLife Subscribers) to participate over the full weekend of learning.

Schedule is 10a-4pm on both Saturday and Sunday.
      ==
      KiteLife Subscriptions - http://join.kitelife.com/
      ==
      Fliers bring their own equipment, and we do generally break for lunch in the middle of the day - DO bring some rain gear in case we get sprinkled on.

Before then, I strongly encourage you to browse these FREE video tutorials for some pre-workshop study...
      Hope to see you there!
    • By John Barresi
      Another in the ongoing series of Kitelife Magazine tutorials for using Revolution quad line kites, this one detailing how to equalize your lines, ensuring equal length between right and left.All types of line stretch or "settle in" over time and will eventually end up uneven by varying amounts which effects the accuracy of your inputs accordingly... You'll be amazed at how the kite responds more accurately, and how easy it actually is to balance out your line lengths.

NOTE: A reliable (and free) cross-platform video player is VLC, which should work with any file format including MKV.

Subtitles:
      English Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Line Equalizing Lithuanian Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Line Equalizing Spanish Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Line Equalizing Japanese Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Line Equalizing Hungarian Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Line Equalizing French Subtitles: Rev Tutorial - Line Equalizing
  • Upcoming Events