KiteLife Forum

Silver Fox Series by Flying Wings designed by LAM HOAC!!

JaseRicco

I wanted to post this because I feel it may help those individuals I am speaking about given that I was/am one.

For those of you that have come to admire and love the kites that are designed and fabricated by the infamous Lam, but cannot afford the $400-$500 that his kites cost, there will be a great medium and solution to this problem. Lam has been, and is in the process of, re-designing the well known Silver Fox series by Flying Wings. As I have come to find out, and as many of you already know, either through ownership or demo, the Silver Fox Series are kites of quality design, that incorporate high end materials for an affordable price. Between this forum and the GWTW forum, I have not read a single negative comment regarding the kites by Flying Wings, including the Silver Fox. And just as Bell Chieu did for a lot of Flying Wings Kites, Lam will be designing the Silver Fox Series under his close supervision to make sure only top end materials and exacting tolerances are kept with quality being foremost in mind.

In my opinion I view Flying Wings as somewhat of a hybrid when it comes to kites…somewhere between mass produced and boutique. And now that Lam is on board, I would assume the kite will have a boutique feel now more than ever.

What I have found out, as I understand it, is that Lam is re-designing the Silver Fox Standard & UL, and is designing a Silver Fox SUL with a Silver Fox Vented to come in the near future. Release of the Standard, UL and SUL will be sometime in October/November at price points all under $200…Can you say X-Mas Present?!?!? This means based on the current Silver Fox Prices, Standard - $145(All Around Kite), Ul - $145(Low Wind Kite), Vented - $189(Higher Wind Kite), with tax you can obtain each kite that will get you through most wind conditions at about roughly $550. I don’t see how you can go wrong here. You can spend $550 on just one of Lam’s custom kites.   

I hope this helps some newbies, such as myself, out there, and maybe even helped some individuals that, like myself, love Lam's designs and passion for kite fabrication, but can't justify the cost.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2