KiteLife Forum

Jammin' by Skydog Kites (11/10/17)

John Barresi

We're pleased to yet again announce the next prize being given away to our most appreciated supporters, the Kitelife Subscribers... For roughly 10 cents per day they play a major role in keeping KL growing in every way.

This is a brand new Jammin' sport kite by Dodd Gross, from Skydog Kites, roughly a $139 value!

A good intermediate all-rounder and trick kite, it includes lines and straps, a great addition for any kite bag!

http://www.skydogkites.com/stuntkites/jammin.shtml

I've actually had personal time on this model before, it's a solid mid-size precision trick kite.

20445_JamminBlack.png

(primary prize color is black as pictured above)

==

If you haven't done so already, You can sign up here.

Odds of winning for this prize is currently 1/348, and will be drawn on November 10th, 2017!

Our thanks, and the very best to you... Let the drooling begin. ;)

• Like 2

I have one of these beauties, a Rasta. It's a damn decent kite and a quality package. I suspect Dodd's has a little magic in his as it dances much better than mine....

Would be very happy to get this one. Two of the same kite could lead to some "team work"!!!!

Sent from my iPad using KiteLife mobile app

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well that was easy, and it's going home with a regular KL forum user...

The winner is #1086, heartfelt congratulations to @SHBKF (aka dayhiker aka Ralph)! :)

Thanks all, as always, for your support - KiteLife truly would not exist without your participation.

Now to rummage through the prize bucket for something new... :D

• Like 3

Wow! Amazing!  Almost blushing here.  My thanks to all KiteLife members who make this possible.  A few years back I was just a shy introvert who decided to start flying kites once more.  An old guy pursuing a wonderful memory from earlier times.  The joy & pleasure now seem endless, especially on a day like this.  I am humbled by the honor of this gift.

Lovin' KiteLife, SHBKF

4-11-13 Prism 4D old man & the sky.JPG

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got a chance to fly the Jammin for an extended period of time today.  Conditions were less than ideal with temperature in the thirties under partly cloudy skies.  Grabbed several kites & headed to a nearby site.  Wind was just starting to pick up.  Measured at 3 mph when I was setting up so I flew a Nirvana WW for a little warm up.  Wind started picking up so I tried the Jammin but needed a little more consistent air.  Went back to the truck & assembled another kite, SKD Seven standard.  Now the wind was blowing six or more with gusting.  Flew the Seven to sort of establish a base line feel.  The Seven does well in gusting air with it's tough stiff frame & excellent sail.  Wind picked up a bit more & got very bumpy. 

Time to switch to the Jammin.  Conditions were variable but a few impressions were possible.  Kite seems to be set up correctly bridle wise.  Bridle is a simple three point with no obvious adjusting points.  No problem as it responded well to turns & had plenty of forward drive.  Flew figures & found them easily controlled.  At the same time the kite seemed to respond well to some different inputs with just enough instability to be encouraging.  Laying the kite into a turtle or putting it into a fade came easily but the wind was so erratic that I could not really sustain those positions.  I did roll the kite up & fly it around but could not unroll it for some reason.  I am blaming the funny wind until I can fly in more consistent air.  Landed it & unwound it on the ground doing an unroll launch.  Played around with the Jammin for about an hour before winding up the lines & heading home to make a pizza.

I believe the kite has great potential.  I would recommend it to anyone seeking a dualie at that price point.  I had a Prism Quantum for awhile before trading it off.  I was planning on getting another one but now the Jammin has filled that niche & beyond.  Maybe a few bucks more than the Q but definitely has more features & is a kite made for tricks.  Yoyo stoppers are installed & it has long leaders without the funky clips that the Q has.  Much more could be said but I suggest you just get one for yourself.

SHBKF approved (for what that's worth)

• Like 2