KiteLife Forum

Welcome Rob Friedman

John Barresi

• 2 years later...

figured I'd come back to this thread.  I attempted to turn my tetra into a 16 cell.. and it fell apart.  so after two years I rebuilt it as a 10 cell.. and of course Covid comes by and I;m stuck home.
As I stated in another forum listing.. I'm looking for a Rogallo Flexikite    the ones that came in a tube made from Mylar.  (yeah  I like odd kites).  But  I really miss heading out.  plus.the Beaches are now closed!

Hey Rob... Port Jefferson beaches are open, East Beach & West Beach. The wind isn't as good as Cedar, because the cliffs block wind from the South. But... if you find an East, West or North wind, it's a good place to fly. Or, just relax.

hehe 

Those aren't beaches.  Those are slight trails against sand cliffs.  

Now. If you want a beach..Robert Moses.. now that's a beach.

Kinda like when the Friends of  Fire Island Lighthouse asked if I wanted to be "their" kite guy from the front of the Lighthouse.   I declined citing 2 reasons. I said "..there are a lot of sharp pointed trees in front " ( the scrub pines)..and then I said (seriously) " 2. There's this big ass building in the way" (the Lighthouse). They laughed and sorta agreed..and I stayed as Rob the Kite Guy at East Islip Marina and Park.