KiteLife Forum

Fulcrum

khsidekick

IMG_2437.JPGIMG_2438.JPGIMG_2439.JPGIMG_2440.JPGIMG_2430.JPG

I’ve only had a couple chances to fly the Fulcrum kite so far but it is a blast to fly. This kite pulls hard in 8mph wind . It stops instantly and flies in reverse very well. At first I couldn’t get it to side slide but it is doable with the right amount of pressure on all four lines. As I get more used to it I’ll post more info.

Sent from my IPhone

• Like 3

Wow! Cool you got one already. Definitely would like to hear more about it when you have more to share. I am really interested in trying one out myself. Hope it doesn't pull too hard....I don't like hard pulling kites. But, everything else I've heard/seen about this kite seems really cool.

IMG_2437.thumb.JPG.3cdb30fb4b2f2b11cef05ec73d681191.JPGIMG_2438.thumb.JPG.80efeb08003b350d40b5b8b72439b5a3.JPGIMG_2439.thumb.JPG.3618f529321bd3a9a47f12fe6c9ed0cf.JPGIMG_2440.thumb.JPG.ef2b420862d5af2bafab5406e240d2bf.JPGIMG_2430.thumb.JPG.4ec9913aa13f76bc53cff47bba094d64.JPG

I’ve only had a couple chances to fly the Fulcrum kite so far but it is a blast to fly. This kite pulls hard in 8mph wind . It stops instantly and flies in reverse very well. At first I couldn’t get it to side slide but it is doable with the right amount of pressure on all four lines. As I get more used to it I’ll post more info.

Sent from my IPhone

• Like 2

On 10/29/2017 at 1:33 AM, khsidekick said:

As I get more used to it I’ll post more info.

That would be interesting. For me any comparison with your 1.5 B-series would be easier to relate to (but I realize that others would benefit from other comparisons). Take your time. Pretty much any observation would widen my horizon.

• 5 weeks later...

I have the Rev Reflex Rx.
Bought the fulcrum standard.
Fulcrum pulls harder in lighter winds.
I don’t find one to be more fun than the other. Only 2-3 hrs on the fulcrum.
Assembly is easy. Two end spars and one center and attach the lines.
I lost my assembly instructions or I would post them. It took me a while because it felt like I was forcing the spars into place. Just trust the instructions and you will do fine. Second time assembly was about two minutes.
The fulcrum really likes to catch the wind.
I consider myself an advanced beginner to early intermediate. Not sure what all to cover so ask questions.

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

I received my Fulcrum custom today and had a chance to fly it for about 40 minutes in winds from 0 to 6 mph winds.   It does take a more time to assembly than a Rev or even a dual line kite, but not terrible.  So far I can't find a position it will not launch from.   It's a pretty easy quad to fly, so much so I would probably train a first time quad flyer on it.   It does have a some pull to it, but it also is a large kite, larger than a Rev 1.5.   Probably closer to a Rev 1 size.   I did have a couple of times that I wondered which end was up since it has a symmetrical form.   It came with both standard and UL 3 piece center spreaders.   I used the UL end spreaders and standard center spreader since it looked a little more involved at the time to change the already attached center spreader out.   It flew pretty good in low winds and I could imagine it'd be a hand full in winds around 10 mph or more.   Up and down are very easy.   Center spins are good and end wing spins are readily there.   Side slides are going to take a little more work, but seem like they are possible.

One thing I was able to do that I've had problems with was flying a quad with one hand.   I had problems flying a Rev like JB does with one hand, but this is an easier kite to do that, in my opinion.

Definitely a cool kite and recommended for a different quad experience or beginner quad flyers.    

IMG_20171204_132050.jpg

IMG_20171204_122049409.jpg

• Like 3

Hi Mike, winds (as almost always) were kind of all over the place although not very high.   Reverse was very easy and maybe a bit fast than forward.  I didn't tune it much, other than giving it a bit more forward speed by taking it a notch closer on the top of the handle leaders.  Since the winds weren't very high and it's a big kite and it didn't seem fast in general.   I could possibly see some tricks out of it, but didn't have enough time to really get a good feel for what it's capable of.

• Like 1

Careful in higher winds, I broke an inner wing spine, the upright with the center tee that the outer cross spar runs through. Standard frame, 16-18 mph winds, closer to the edge of the window than the center. Was too much wind, but couldn't resist trying out the new toy. Was fun for a few minutes! Now have to wait on spares, but needed to order other stuff anyway.

• Like 1