KiteLife Forum

Fulcrum

windwarrior

17 minutes ago, Lisa Bernard / Kiteworld said:

I love you guys

On 11/5/2017 at 10:22 PM, cjkramos said:

does this anatomy diagram help any?

https://www.pictaram.org/post/Ba_9VxenaUN

Cool , that helps, it looks like volksquad, are they harder to fly?

On 11/5/2017 at 11:01 AM, khsidekick said:

I’ve been using 90lb 120 ft lines. I had to move my top lines 3 knots in to get power

Sent from my IPhone

Of course I would think the line sets would work unless you have a huge difference in wind ranges for the kites

On 11/5/2017 at 8:22 PM, cjkramos said:

does this anatomy diagram help any?

https://www.pictaram.org/post/Ba_9VxenaUN

No. Not really. 

I'm a hands on guy. I'm waiting to see someone put out a YT video showing the kite. All of it. Not just flying around in the air. The one video I've seen so far flying it on the beach was a little helpful but I'd really like to see someone go through the steps of assembling etc.

On 11/6/2017 at 10:23 AM, John Barresi said:

There is a lot of good media going up on Carl Robertshaw’s account at Instagram... ;)
https://www.instagram.com/carlrobertshaw/

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

There were some cool pictures in there. Showed some vision of what it looks like from other angles. 

I'm trying to see what the blazes it looks like folded down and in the bag. Heck, haven't even seen what the bag even looks like. Lol.

On 11/6/2017 at 10:15 PM, Lisa Bernard / Kiteworld said:

Hey wind warrior thank you for saying there's no stupid questions ....you just made me feel better, my whole life I have always told people there is no such thing as a stupid question!! You are awesome!!!

Ah, shucks(kickin' small rocks on the ground and blushing). 😆

Jack my 14 year old son was flying the Fulcrum today in 3 to 5 mph wind. We had the “light” frame in and it broke. He flew to the top of the wind window slowly, turned the kite 180 and was about 1/2 way down and the kite folded in half. Ok no big deal I thought. I’ll just put the heavier center section in and he can keep flying. When I approached the kite I immediately saw a 1” hole in the sail. Not having any tape to fix it I put it away. My advice is to watch out in light wind with the light center section installed. I will not be replacing it but will continue to use the 2 outer light wind sections with the heavier center section in light wind. 3 mph to 5mph.

Sent from my IPhone

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/11/2017 at 12:30 PM, makatakam said:
On 11/11/2017 at 12:28 PM, windwarrior said:

Ah, shucks(kickin' small rocks on the ground and blushing). 😆

No need to blush. Keep kicking the little rocks, though. They deserve it.

Really, keep kicking them. They have broken a few of my windshields.

• 3 weeks later...

bought a fulcrum. have flown 2-3 hrs worth. it is easy if you have any quad experience at all. it is not the same beast as the Rev Rx I own but is not meant to be. 

it is very anxious to get in the air. I consider myself to be late beginner to early intermediate. 

assembly is easy. and is done in five minutes or less once you have done it one time.

I find it tempting to compare it to the Rev Rx but not sure that isn't apples to oranges somewhat. 

hardest thing was getting used to the orientation of the kite which is easier to do with the Rev.

Am I happy with it? Hey!  Its a kite! And a very good one!  Of coarse I am happy!   

• Like 3

14 hours ago, JWharton said:

I have flown both and what comes to my mind is that the revs have a organic feel to them where as the fulcrum is more mechanical. 

No catch and throws with the fulcrum either.

I kinda figured it was mechanical just from the look of it. Kinda like flying a wall.

• 2 years later...
On 11/5/2017 at 8:37 PM, windwarrior said:

I'm well aware of the videos out there but not a single one shows the details of the kite nor how to assemble. Not even on the site selling them. THAT'S what I'd like to see. 

OK a bit late post in this topic...

Since May 2018 there is now an assembly video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYnJFO5gSB8

Also see the the KL topic:

https://kitelife.com/forum/topic/8471-fulcrum-assembly-and-components/