KiteLife Forum

silverfox 2.3 bridle mesurement needed

Fluke

Long story short: i have a silverfox 2.3 pro which is awesome but is even more nervous than my daschund.

So i want to adjust the bridle from the stock turbo setting to a 3point setting. thing is while the bridle is very adjustable, it doesn't have the bead system.

so i was wondering if there is someone who has the 2.3 on the 3point bridle setting who could send me the mesurements.

Thanks

• Like 1

This link is very informative, if you want to learn a lot about bridles: http://wardley.org/index.html

It is not Silver Fox specific, but if you want to learn about bridle design in general and the differences among them, it's worth checking out. I'm sure someone will chime in with the exact settings for the Fox, but in the meantime.......click on kites, click on bridles and be prepared to spend some time reading. Lots of info.

It helped me to understand the trihedral cross-active bridle on the Gemini II I had won in one of the Karma drawings. Made a very complicated bridle setup easier to understand. It took some time and a few tries, but eventually I began to understand the theory behind it. Once you know what the intent is, a bit of simple logic makes adjustment fairly easy.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jaydub200 said:

In my experience a turbo makes the kits a bit softer than a standard three point bridle, so not sure whether it's a good move or not.

Whatever you do if you do significanlt alter it, make sure that you have all the measurements to revert it back to teh standard settings.

Gospel. Definitely make sure you don't burn bridges as you cross them.

hmmm i'll need to experiment on my hypnotist. i changed it to the 3 point bridle and didn't try the turbo since. but now i'm slightly better at flying maybe i'll notice the difference more easily

ChaseNix i had some quality issues on my sfpro. 1-2cm of the wing trailing edge wasn't stitched and the sail is stained. but it was an easy fix and i can live with some stains. still, inspect your kite closely.

is the khk skyscraper a premier widow ng? i was on the fence between this and the fwk sf. finding the sfpro at a nice price tilted the scale :D

It looks like the same kite but i don't know specifics or anything. the skyscraper is my first duel line kite ( besides the ezsport70 I only flew a couple times) and the only one I have so far so I can't really comment with accuracy as to if it's the same kite or not. I got the sf pro, I guess, because I wanted something with all the accessories of a high end stunk kite like leach lines and something I can grow with, for I see myself flying for years to come. I love it. I think I'm a fast learner. I can snap stall and axel so far

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using KiteLife mobile app

12 hours ago, ChaseNix said:

I got the sf pro, I guess, because I wanted something with all the accessories of a high end stunk kite like leach lines and something I can grow with, for I see myself flying for years to come.

i got the pro for the exact same reason