John Barresi

Kaiju - coming soon!

Nice. Flies well. Of course you had nothing to do with that! I think I could have fun with that in a steady 5mph. 

Really rated for 0-3 mph, can handle a bit more at variable speeds but it is really designed as a short line indoor / urban type kite.

Lines are on little Dacron finger loops (just thicker line), I find them easier for transitioning from 1 to 2 hands, etc. :)

• Like 1

We’re happy to report the Kaiju should be available sometime in mid to late February. 🤘

0C286237-E125-4041-B1A2-F3B53F9EA756.png

Unless someone wants a custom order, main color options will likely be white/blue, white/purple, black/red and black/lime, target retail price is $115.

FYI: Pre-sales should open in early January... We’ll likely serial number the first 50 kites to go out, so stay tuned! 🙂

• Like 3

Another new Kite Forge subscriber has just sent a request, thanks!

• Like 1

FYI, looks like 29 Kaiju are already spoken for in the serial number batch of 50, going quick! If you want to get on the RSVP list, send me a message with your choice of color and preferred email address, will follow up to process orders in January and looking to ship in February. ;)

• Like 2

Awesome John, 29 so far!   There I go thinking dual line flying was a dying sport.:rolleyes:

Looks like we may have assigned the last of the serial numbers this morning, still taking RSVPs though! 👍🏻

• Like 2

When swinging the Kaiju around you gliderlike in circles with the handles in one hand (like in "Kaiju at the park" above at 0:35), does it feel stable? Is controlling the circle path an issue or does it come naturally? Any need for controlling the kite here by using the handles by angling the hand holding the handles/straps/line-loops?

• Like 1

Surprisingly easy with a few attempts.

I do simultaneously steer, so while one hand is "staking" or bending the lines, the other hand has the left loop on ring finger and right loop on thumb, steering by angling my hand, all the while being able to give / take that same steering hand to control even more line tension (sail loading), there is definitely some added leverage like rope on a pulley. :) 

The key to full control is to blend our understanding of a 2-line sport kite with that of a fighter kite.

Slack increases rotation, tension increases drive and tracking, and a whole scale in-between.

Add to that, some ability to "lead" the kite where you want by the direction your "bend" hand is moving, similar to guiding the nose with an indoor glider or indeed, a fighter kite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's kind of what I was thinking about when I asked if you had the "handles" connected, but I see what you're saying now.

Just thinking out loud here, but what about a small bar? Similar to a power kite, but a small one-handed one with just enough length to have adequate steering input. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Video Tutorials

• Site Sponsors

• Similar Content

• By John Barresi
      We're pleased to yet again announce the next prize being given away to our most appreciated supporters, the Kitelife Subscribers... For roughly 10 cents per day they play a major role in keeping KL growing in every way.
      The winner of this drawing will receive one brand new Kaiju by Kite Forge, complete with 7' lines ($135 value)...

Actual prize kite is white and blue, as shown in the photo and video above.
      ==
      Info on the Kite Forge website:
      http://kiteforge.com/product/kaiju/ http://kiteforge.com/help-tutorials/ ==
      If you haven't done so already, You can sign up here.

Odds of winning for this prize is currently 1/363, and will be drawn on June 10th, 2018!

Our thanks, and the very best to you... Let the drooling begin.
    • By John Barresi
      Add on indoor clinic prior to the UK Quad Clinic, 4:30p to 9:30p, registration is $30 for 5 HOURS of indoor access and instruction with John Barresi and Josh Mitcheson covering all types of kites including single, dual and quad line.
      Indoor instruction examples - http://kiteforge.com/help
      Sign up link - http://kitelife.com/forum/store/product/78-uk-indoor-clinic-aug-29-2018/
      RSVP'd:
      @Flintfootfilly (Sarah) @FlyingHigh (Gavin) @Simon Cooper @sra7913 (Soren) @Gekko (Per) @drdante (Dan) Louse MJ @Stephen Sunderland @JWharton ? ? ? ? ? ?
    • By mystainedskin
      2 line kites for sale.
      All Kites New or Like New unless specified and come with:
      Sleeve (Original or Generic)
      All kites come with a New or Like New generic Spectra or Dyneema line set (weight and length listed with each kite)
      Standard Prism Wrist strap Set  * Large 2 line and 5 Stack comes with Padded Prism Wrist Strap set
      All pricing negotiable...selling for someone. Any reasonable offer will be relayed to owners....who reply quickly.
      All pricing includes shipping ..
      No international shipping available without someone vouching for you in a super good way....

Prism Nexus ( Blue)  90#x65' 
      ( Small smudging marks in one area Pics available)               $65.00 SOLD

Prism Quantum (Blue) 130#x65'              $100.00 SOLD
      Generic Mid Size (Purple)  90#x65'          $35.00
      Generic Small (R/B/W)  80#x65'               $25.00
      Lanyork Pro (Grey/Lime) 90#x65'          $95.00
      Flying Wings Ying Yang (W/B)50#x65'     $80.00
      Sky Dog Little Wing (Flames) 50#x65'      $20.00
      Big Albatross (Blue/White) 3.3m?
      #240x80'    (  Missing 2 Stand Offs   )                                               $100.00
      Prism Nexus 5 Stack 200#x78'                 $325.00
      Detailed pics upon request.

• By Pete Sobye
      I bought a Rev indoor, on a whim. Its Red White and Blue. In nearly new condition and it will come with a brand new set of lines, but no handles, as it didn't come to me with any.
      As Quads are my thing, I am looking for another rev, or other quad line kite WHY?? Possible PX with cash either way for the right kite.
      I am located in Cornwall UK but willing to post.
      Email me :- pete.sobye@icloud.com

• By Exult
      Both activities aim for technique and reliability improvement, both can keep you occupied by analyzing/planning between the sessions, both are directly dependent on your performance, both affects an item at a distance (kind of triggering similar feelings of control), both are (mechanical and fluid dynamics) hi-tech, both can be done outdoors as well as indoors and both can make you sweat.
      The makeshift (or first iteration?) handles are there to make the line length adjustable since I didn't know what line length to use during this first indoor session. The (initial) bridle setting visible in the image made it very difficult to launch the kite first. More details in the blog entry http://kitelife.com/forum/blogs/entry/296-first-indoor-session-and-winter-activities/ .
  • Upcoming Events