KiteLife Forum

Kaiju - coming soon!

John Barresi

Exactly! The lines I’m providing are the same as mine, straight tied line with two side by side overhand knots (x) to make each loop, one double overhand knot (X) at the end of the loop to use as a pull knot for removal.

—————=x==x==============X=

For the pilot end I think either method is comparable, to sleeve and use or just make loops and attach to a loops of bridle material or finger straps... I like the latter because it’s modular, I can change things up. :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I’d say it’s somewhere in the middle, but leaning more toward “all rounder” rather than a trick machine like the iTrix which is unusually heavy and stiff for an indoor, takes a ton of footwork - the Kaiju is an easier fly, but will do a fair share of tricks really well too, more now with the improvements going into the production run. :)

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

We shipped 21 kites in the last two days, another similar batch going out tomorrow... 75 in all, 11 countries, so humbling and cool!

I’m thinking about doing a Kaiju video contest maybe 3-4 weeks after we send out the 75th kite, possibly a 90 second ballet incorporating 4 of the maneuvers in the tutorials, indoors or out, voted on by Team KiteLife members.

What do you guys think?

• Like 7

Kite magic!  "Out for delivery"  Let the enjoyment commence.  Magic kite!  SHBKF

edit: arrived at 12 noon.  Had nice discussion with mail lady about flying kites.  She told me about a good place to fly I was not aware of.  She flies with her grandchildren.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mike Klaiber said:

Mines out for delivery too!

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

That is so cool, our kites have already flown together coming from Portland to Roanoke.  Look forward to the next Bedford festival where we can fly them together my friend.   We can fly our RiffClown kites then too.   SHBKF

• Like 1

That is so cool, our kites have already flown together coming from Portland to Roanoke.  Look forward to the next Bedford festival where we can fly them together my friend.   We can fly our RiffClown kites then too.   SHBKF

That’s true! Bedford is May 19, love to see you again! Will be flying with Rob in April in Corolla at clinic. Let me know if you get out this way. Mike
  • Like 2