KiteLife Forum

Acuity 1.2 speed foil. Same as Prism Snapshot?

Justin2kites

1 hour ago, Breezin said:

Was looking at those too. Thought I'd seen some deterioration in some photos so I got a snapshot. Colors are cool and I still want 1:kid_cussing:.  For that price ya got a set of spectra lines and a free kite :).

At that price I sincerely doubt that the lines are Spectra, but it is definitely a damn good price for a 1.2 foil with lines and handles. I think that the lower price is a consequence of fewer bridle lines that attach to the sail as compared to a more expensive foil, so it may not hold its shape as well. All said and done, I would buy it and fly it.

• Like 1

"Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances".

eBay can be either a blessing or curse, depending on the product and seller. For many years, it was the dumping ground of many "knock-offs" of established kites. A seller could label it anything and you as buyer, could get what you expected or a POS. Many quads crying "just as good as a Rev" were sold, but never delivered on their promises. It really is "buyer beware".

Can you get good deals on eBay? Sure, but you really need to know what you're after and hope the seller does too.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies, guys. I figured the lines probably are not spectra, but fingers crossed. Is there even a way to positively identify the type of line? I have Spectra line to compare it to, but of coarse that will only tell me if it's obviously different. The straps are different from the prism straps, so it would stand to reason that the lines are, too, but the winder does look like a prism winder, so who knows.  I'll compare it to my Snapshot 1.4 when I get it.

BTW, not sure which price you're seeing, but I got it for only $22 shipped! I figured it was definitely worth the risk for that much. And I just love the stars and stripes.:D

I thought that they were re branded Prism for a promotion or something due to color. The 1.2 snapshot had spectre and they were selling in the day at same price I think. Now the 140 synapse comes with polyester. 170 and up spectre. Happy with my snapshot. To bad it does't have the old glory though. Put a bar on it yesterday and went out with 4 and 6 year old grand daughters for 1st flights in 15 to 20,gusts a little higher. From 10:30 to 2:30 much whooping and hollering.A few face plants and it didn't take them long to learn to butt slide :). Zonked out by 8 pm 630 am wanting to fly.

• Like 2